Elite Trader seems quieter than usual today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SteveNYC, Aug 18, 2011.

1. "Elite Trader seems quieter than usual today "

Peeps are busy taking advantage of the volatility and are trading and not posting here on ET.:D

#11     Aug 18, 2011
  2. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Actually, the groupthink is to believe dumbasses like yourself who think the market is crashing. You are so unsure of yourself you need constant reassurance by trying to harrass each and every person who believes otherwise and knows that today's markets are probably a nice buying opportunity.

You've been trying to talk down this market for more then a year.
    No doubt you have struggled to trade with your bias, and this translates into your obvious anger. I hope you've banked some money this summer, because its going to get ugly for you again this fall.

#12     Aug 18, 2011
  3. the1

the1

The banking system go away with the biggest heist in history. That will come at a price, which will be much worse than the Great Recession. The SPX wouldn't have seen 1000, no less 1300, if not for the funny money policies of the FED. Now that the FED is out of bullets the true consequences of the heist will emerge.

#13     Aug 18, 2011
  4. the1

the1

Gold is in the beginning stages of a bubble but so was the Nas at around 2500 :D Just ride the bugger for what it's worth. Who knows where the top is. Let the precious run.

Edit: Gold has been trading in a very sustainable trend for the past three years. Over the past few weeks it has started to trade in a parabolic fashion on very strong up volume. The supply of buyers is not infinite.

#14     Aug 18, 2011
  5. JamesL

JamesL

I'm kinda bummed-out.

#15     Aug 18, 2011
  6. 6%+ down for today?

#16     Aug 18, 2011
  7. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Silly, silly post. Record corporate earnings and you think its a depression. This shows the power of the US media to delude Americans into believing just about anything.

Remember Iraq ? Gotta find those WMDs !!!

#17     Aug 18, 2011
  8. Illum

Illum

Buddy can ya spare a dime?

#18     Aug 18, 2011
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Just out of curiosity, you do not believe a 55 point drop in the S+P (or 460 point drop in the DOW) is a crash? How about at 15% drop in markets since July? Is that a crash?

If not, what is a crash to you?

#19     Aug 18, 2011
  10. S2007S

S2007S

SPX is headed below 1100, but I think its going to bounce before doing so, think it gets down to 1050 area, DO NOT BE surprised if it sells off below 1000 before finding a solid bottom which I think its going to be the case over the next 2 months!

#20     Aug 18, 2011