Elite Trader Chickenhawks **Video**

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ratboy88, Jul 19, 2007.

1. There are a wide variety of ways that psychological denial can be expressed by a person who is unconsciously defending or protecting themselves from unwanted knowledge, thoughts, or feelings. What follows is a partial list of denial strategies. Human ingenuity being what it is, I couldn't possibly list all the possible strategies.

"Affect Storm" or Exaggerated Emotional Responses

This is a hyperemotional response to anything that threatens the veneer of denial or that questions the motivations of the denier. It is described in detail by ShrinkWrapped in this post.

EXAMPLE: Take your pick among the usual ad hominem attacks leveled at anyone who has the audacity to disagree with the person in denial or to question his denial.

#11     Jul 19, 2007
  2. Don't you love google Haroki??? I bet I could even find god's address if I put the time.

:D

On a serious not...I do not mind if you disagree with me over the color of my car or how ugly my shades are.

You are trying to disagree with me over the death of my children and other American people's children then I will attack you and call you a coward for all of the above reason.

1- I will attack you because you were vindictive enough to keep your son in a privet school while sending a poor American kid to the grinder to provide you and your son the safety you require.

2- I will attack you because, most likely, you shelter most of your money through tax loopholes and offshore bank accounts while you are asking poor and middle class americans to pay the bill for your and your son safety.

3- I will attack you because you, at the start of the war, attacked as unpatriotic, any peace loving American who dared to question this criminal war.

4- I will attack you because you did not have the honor and manhood (Most of you lack it) to stand up to a son of a whore like Sam321 who had no problem in saying that we should fight this war for the oil of Iraq.

Now that the tide is turning against you, you are acting as if you are shocked that you are being attacked for a war that wasted 1.1 million Iraqi and 3600+ American kids?

Let me ask you a question Haroki...Why are you supporting this war??

You know why I am against it but why are you for it?!

#12     Jul 19, 2007

3. [​IMG]

#13     Jul 19, 2007
  4. There are a wide variety of ways that psychological denial can be expressed by a person who is unconsciously defending or protecting themselves from unwanted knowledge, thoughts, or feelings. What follows is a partial list of denial strategies. Human ingenuity being what it is, I couldn't possibly list all the possible strategies.

Evasion and Displacement

In this strategy, the fundamental or essential issue is ignored by focusing on a "red herring" issue such engaging in ad honinem.

#14     Jul 19, 2007
  5. 07-05-07 03:07 PM

I've also stated that I thought it was a mistake to go to Iraq - Powell's statements to the UN didn't cut it for me. So I'm not a warmonger.

#15     Jul 19, 2007
  6. but here is what he actually said in 05:

#16     Jul 20, 2007
  7. Exactly right.

But where does it say that I am for the war in Iraq?It doesn't. It merely says that I can agree with THEIR reasoning for going to war.....

Understand the difference?

#17     Jul 20, 2007
  8. not at all... when you say, "Was the level of proof met? To me it was," what are you referring to? judging from your statement that powell's info didn't cut it... i am looking for a different reason altogether. please cite this reason.

right now i am thinking Wael is going to bust your balls for this one.

#18     Jul 20, 2007
  9. maxpi

maxpi

This protection of denial thing is interesting... we see it a lot here on ET, probably in our daily lives as well.

There are two crowds here that are in neverending conflict, the Hershey guys, who I think of as the "Hippies" of ET. They are saying, "hey, no need to backtest, no need to invent, just join us and be happy, we sure as heck are", and the other guys are the "Jocks" that get insanely mad when they see happy people that don't share their values. They continually demand that the Hersheyites justify their existence and Jack keeps saying "We're artists, we don't need to justify our existence". I see unending Jock attacks and not much fighting from the Hippies. Personally, the more I learn, the more I see what Jack is talking about.. the first derivative stuff he talks about... dang, it was there all the years I spent looking at charts, now I can see it, trading across the channel, hell yes, mathematically sound and in complete agreeance with the work of Nobel prize winners in economics, and more. It is so funny to me to look at a chart and realize it IS trying every day to tell me how it wants to deliver money into my account!! Meanwhile the jock guys are going on about sharpe ratios, and huge backtests with lots of data... and how they can't stand Jack!! And some can't stand me... Whatever...

When I was a kid, my dad had friends in low places, it was really sweet... I had a harassing bully bothering me on the job once, he was a total denial guy, couldn't stand me for no discernable reason, I guess he just hated people with long hair that were happy. A couple of guys came to the workplace and beat the living shit out of the guy one day.... I never saw him after that, he stopped coming there so I don't know if that cures denial and protection of same or not, but it worked as a stopgap, workaround measure :D

#19     Jul 20, 2007