Elite Professional Trading Seminar

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by jmiles301, Jan 18, 2006.

1. trainr

trainr

Get ready for a change.

But, it's not up to me to convince you. I expect you to do what you and I expect of Thunderdog: do the research.

Let me know what you find out.

#51     Jan 18, 2006
  2. You wear a bow tie, don't you?

#52     Jan 18, 2006
  3. Let's hope that you read the markets better than you do my wardrobe.

#53     Jan 18, 2006
  4. Where "research" consists of reading promotional material for questionable contests designed to draw pigeons, and attending overpriced and undervalued trading "seminars." No, I think that you will remain the designated enlightened one.

#54     Jan 18, 2006
  5. Then by all means, please share this "evidence" for the benefit of all concerned. Tell us all right here what independent, objective evidence you have come across that has diametrically changed your earlier opinion of Williams, and that undeniably contradicts the criticisms that have been lodged against him. Do right by your new friend and set the record straight once and for all, here at ET. Why deprive the forum of your knowledge and valuable input? Do tell.

#55     Jan 18, 2006
  6. trainr

trainr

:)

#56     Jan 18, 2006
  7. trainr

trainr

I've got a better idea. Let's drop the topic, because 1) anyone who has anything positive to say is a shill, according to you, and 2) you've made it clear you won't listen.

You also don't know what constitutes independent investigation.
    You seem concerned with what people think of you.
    Hmm... Never mind.

And, you seldom make sense.
    Don't go away mad. Just go away.
    :cool:

#57     Jan 18, 2006
  8. Do you really not understand what I have been saying? If you are just obfuscating, then you are of dark character. If indeed you do not understand, then you are of dim character. Either way, you have my sympathy.

No, not mad. Just bored. At this point, I think that anyone who still plans on spending money on Mr. Williams's "Keys to the Kingdom" or his "Money Trees" fully deserves what he and his toadies dish out. I guess at this point it's fair game insofar as this thread is concerned.

#58     Jan 19, 2006
  9. Wow, this thread got WAY off subject...

jm,

I have been to a few trading seminars. From my previous experiences with gurus and trading seminars, I would say trading books (that are specifically geared to one, two, or a few specific aspects of trading or specific strategies of trading) are usually a good route. Again, from my past experiences, I think most gurus or seminars (in general) are really trying to sell something other than the seminar itself. ie product placement.

A lot of good, hard-earned money has been spent on seminars (that fact can go undisputed) but I have never heard of anyone giving an inexpensive/free seminar that: 1) tremendously helps the majority of seminar attendees that are present. 2) didn't push a product, website, broker, software, mailing list, or something of that nature.

Also, I can say that I have never heard of anyone going to dozen(s) of expensive seminars. So, in conclusion, I really can't recommend any one specific seminar, or really any seminar in general. The only really good things I have received from seminars are free access to "Data" websites, magazine subscriptions, and an endless supply of mailing list spam (I use junkmail to line the bottom of my cat's litter box).

Keep in mind, I'm not disputing the fact that there are possibly some really great seminars out there, I just haven't come across any yet. Other than that, a week in Vegas for the Trader's Expo can be fun, and good for freebies, and networking... I've only been to one though, I heard through the grapevine that they're all pretty much the same thing every year. Good luck in your search.

#59     Jan 19, 2006
  10. trainr

trainr

What he said.

The expo's have free and semi-free seminars, and hey, they're all in one place.

(Great handle, 2many.)

#60     Jan 19, 2006