Elite Professional Trading Seminar

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by jmiles301, Jan 18, 2006.

1. What constitutes "independent investigation?" Spending thousands of dollars on his seminars? Do you think I am daft? As I wrote in an earlier post, I read portions of a few of his books in bookstores from time to time. (They have couches there, you know.) I saw his books for the pieces of shit that they were and therefore chose to to further enrich him at my expense by buying them. As I indicated earlier, everything of his I have read and come across is tired and uninspired. But the hype he wraps it in in truly the mark of a dream merchant. Further, I have seen a fair amount of his advertising since, for some reason, I had inadvertently gotten onto his mailing list some years ago. (I think that may have had something to do with my previous broker.) In my estimation, his promotional material is geared to an audience with fairly room temperature IQs. So I will ask you again, what constitutes "independent investigation?"

And as for your reluctance to candidly and immediately answer my two simple questions, I will have to conclude that the individual payout numbers in relation to the seminar costs are fairly negligible and are just that much more hype on top of his other puffery ("Keys to the Kingdom," etc., ad infinitum).

#41     Jan 18, 2006
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

he does, twice a week for free.

#42     Jan 18, 2006
  3. trainr

trainr

See NOTE in previous post.

#43     Jan 18, 2006
  4. trainr

trainr

Something other than quoting his critics. Maybe you could look up his and his daughter's world competition that they each won using his methods. Let me know what facts you can unearth.

Alternately, give up. I mean, really, who cares what you think beyond this point?

#44     Jan 18, 2006
  5. trainr

trainr

Can you provide more info?

#45     Jan 18, 2006
  6. Do you not understand that the famous competition itself was suspect to begin with?! There were serious allegations of collusion between Williams and the broker sponsoring the contest. These were referred to in several sources and not solely in the book I referred to earlier. Are you at all familiar with the integrity of that sponsoring broker at the time of the investigation? It seems to me that you may wish to do a bit of your own "independent" research. You, sir, are either a shill (and not the first) or someone who is overdue for a market haircut.

#46     Jan 18, 2006
  7. trainr

trainr

See NOTE in previous post.

#47     Jan 18, 2006
  8. trainr

trainr

Then how do you explain 10 years later his daughter winning the same competition, using the same methods. Were they and the broker again in collusion?

Your conspiracy theories are harder to believe than the fact that he's a helluva trader.

Thanks for playing! We have some lovely parting gifts.

:p

#48     Jan 18, 2006
  9. Thank you. Simply knowing that you will get what is coming to you in the markets in due course is all the compensation I need. (Unless of course, you are a shill. In that hypothetical case, you would be a soulless rat-bastard. But let's think happy thoughts, shall we?)
    :)

#49     Jan 18, 2006

10. have you considered that some of us may know a little more than than average reader of trading literture regarding the details of the situation?

i did not care for larry williams for years, however, evidence presented to me caused me to radically change my view.

if trainr can show me that the other guru mentioned is legit, i am certainly open to change my mind.

surfer

#50     Jan 18, 2006