Elite Professional Trading Seminar

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by jmiles301, Jan 18, 2006.

1. trainr

trainr

I agree with you about Larry.

But didn't you criticize someone recently that you had not investigated yourself? You said he would have to be the best trader in the world.

#21     Jan 18, 2006
  2. I have not attended any professional trading seminars. Occasionally, I have gone to those that are introducing new stuff. I have gone to a few seminars, periodically given by one person. The series was the same seminar with refinements and the contemporary market context and it was given by one of William J. O' Neil's protoeges to an amateur audience. The other aspect of these seminars was that the presenter ran a boutique brokerage for aggressive traders and/or busy executives that gave trading authority to the presenter and his staff. In other words it was a high level seminar for knowledgable people who made or expected their accounts to make a lot of money per year (60% ROI was understood to be the starting performance level).

Were I you I would try to locate such a possibilty. Word of mouth is the common way since these events are not advertised. One of the benefits is that you will be able to network with people of like mind and skills.

#22     Jan 18, 2006
  3. Count me as a Larry Williams supporter as well -- he has some good ideas.

You seem to relish your role as being holier than others.

#23     Jan 18, 2006
  4. My guess is that he hobnobs with one, but not with the other. I suspect that only those he considers to be "outsiders" (people he hasn't actually met personally) are subject to due scrutiny. Further, I have another nagging suspicion. We all know surfer is a marketer, whether you look at his web site, his "fund," his t-shirts or his endless "limited" copies of the PTJ video available for sale. And we all know that Williams is a mass marketer. I can't help but think that someone is trying to get on someone else's good side for some kind of personal gain down the road when the opportunity presents itself. Joint venture, anyone?

#24     Jan 18, 2006

5. no, i directed you to the source to find your answer. i see you prefer to depend on hearsay and innuendo.

surfer:confused:

#25     Jan 18, 2006
  6. Holier? No. Perhaps a bit more discerning at times.

#26     Jan 18, 2006
  7. trainr

trainr

I've attended 2 Larry Williams seminars. Have you done any independent research on him?

In both seminars he traded live, announcing all of his trades in advance, which were mostly -- by a very wide margin -- winners. In the last one, he sent me a check as a percentage of his winning profits from the seminar trading.

Gallacher is an idiot. Williams is a class act, definitely.

He won the Robbins championship with the biggest win ever. His daughter won again 10 years later using his methods.

Larry has a law degree so legal action is something with which he is familiar, but being as classy as he is, I don't think he deigns to answer his idiotic critics who know nothing about him. He's also a bit weary from the attacks. I don't think he cares who attacks him anymore.

I've been to his home in the same gated community as Ray Kroc's widow, and met his family. Meaning, I know a little bit more than the average guy about him.

Which is irrelevant, I guess, since you know nothing about him.
    :)

#27     Jan 18, 2006

8. yes, i understand your point. unfortunately, it is misapplied to this issue. the person you are refering to makes outrageous unsubtaniated claims--- larry williams, on the other hand, admits his losses, performance is substaniated, and he risks his own money in his seminars, splitting the winnings with the attendees.

i dont believe investigation is needed, knowing the market and the fact that no one can make the types of consistent returns claimed by the person you refer to, is enough to cast doubt in my mind.

best wishes,

surfer

#28     Jan 18, 2006
  9. Please don't play dumb with me, surfer. The question I specifically asked you to answer had nothing to do with innuendo. It had to do with the book you hyperlinked. Read it again at the bottom pf page 3 of this thread:

#29     Jan 18, 2006
  10. trainr

trainr

No difference, except the lack of profit split. And, you've never done independent investigation.

#30     Jan 18, 2006