Elite Professional Trading Seminar

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by jmiles301, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Say what?!
    :eek: :confused:

I thought those two guys were the original inspiration for the song "Send in the Clowns."
    :D

Further, if memory serves, they have both had run-ins with, or were investigated by, the regulatory authorities at one time or another. But don't take my word for it. Conduct a search.

#12     Jan 18, 2006

2. larry williams is an excellent trader. don't talk about what you know nothing about.

surfer:mad:

#13     Jan 18, 2006
  3. And which of his trading theories do you subscribe to? His "Money Tree" stuff, or his "Key to the Kingdom" methods? If the world ever runs into a cheese shortage, Larry may well be the only guy to save the day. Surfer, the people you choose to defend speaks volumes about you. Thank you for that most useful information.

#14     Jan 18, 2006
  4. I have used alot of larry's material in my trading. I have applied it to stocks and futures....and the bottom line is it has made me money. Same with Jake!

As for regulatory run ins....it's a non issue for me. I think the government oversteps its role...and the situation with Larry was one of them.

#15     Jan 18, 2006
  5. OK. To each his own. If what he wrote is directly responsible for you making money, then my hat is off to you.

I have only read about him, and found all credible sources to be decidedly less than flattering. Further, I have perused some of his books in a bookstore from time to time, and found his material to be tired and uninspired, and his writing style to be downright condescending and patronizing. My personal, and admittedly biased, conclusion is that he will write anything that will sell books. And he seems to write a lot. That is what hucksters in this business do.

As for the "government," as you referred to it, it is there to protect his unsuspecting "customers." Personally, I cannot imagine where I would be opposed to someone "overstepping" in an effort to protect me from predators, but that is just my own sentiment. Importantly, the fact that there were regulatory issues at all suggests something about character and integrity, which really doesn't change all that much over time.

Against this background, if you were able to walk away with something of tangible and directly applicable value from these fine gentlemen, then you are a better man than I am. And once again, my hat is off to you.

#16     Jan 18, 2006

6. you know nothing about what you speak, per your own admission ( i have only read about him ) however here's a bone for you... read http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/04...f=pd_bbs_1/103-4182453-0504611?_encoding=UTF8

great book that explains one of larry's key concepts.

surfer

#17     Jan 18, 2006
  7. Please tell me you're joking. When was the last time you made money per Williams's methods using the COT report? Be sure to answer that question in your reply.

Now that we're hyperlinking to books on Amazon, consider this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...f=pd_bbs_1/104-5149419-8615143?_encoding=UTF8

You know it well. It is "Winner Take All." And it paints a very poor picture of your Mr. Williams. Further, the very first reviewer hit the nail right on the head in his review of that book as it relates to the book's discussion of Mr. Williams. Here is an excerpt:

"...This book is at its most interesting in uncovering the fallacy behind some highly esteemed mythical legends. Elliott, Gann and Fibonacci, when it comes down to it, have no real substance behind their methods, and Gallacher does a good job of exposing that fact. He also shines some sunlight on the seemingly ubiquitous Larry Williams, painting him as a clear and complete fraud. While not touching the subject of Williams' legitimacy, I have always wondered who would believe in the trading abilities of a guy who sends out mass mailings once a month telling people how they can make ten grand a month in 30 minutes a day. In otherwords, I see Williams as dangerous only to the people mentally slow enough to believe his "share the wealth" claims, and thus not really worthy of book treatment."

It is very interesting and telling that Mr. Williams has not sought legal remedy for being accused of fraud by Mr. Gallacher in his book. Then again, perhaps he has. I certainly don't know. What I do know, however, is that Mr. Gallacher's book continues to be sold and continues to point an accusing finger at Mr. Williams. What does that tell you?

And thus ends my contribution to this fine thread.

#18     Jan 18, 2006
  8. i bought into the anti-williams "winner take all" hype once, also.

some things gallacher mentions are taken out of context and others are simply not true. further and additional research has shown larry williams to be a legit stand up guy and an excellent trader. if you are seriously interested ( which i am sure you are not) why not write to him asking to clarify the gallacher statements? he will be happy to answer you regarding this matter.

surfer :cool:

#19     Jan 18, 2006
  9. As expected, you did not answer the single, solitary question that I asked you to respond to at the beginning of my last post.

And while you're at it, why did Williams not sue Gallacher's ass for these "out of context" and "not true" remarks? Why is Gallacher's book still available for sale and pointing an accusing finger at Williams if the accusations are indeed false? Has Williams taken legal action against Gallacher and failed, or does he know better than to initiate a baseless lawsuit? To my knowledge, there has never been any injunctive relief against the sale of the book. Surely even as a True Believer you must be smelling the coffee by now.

P.S. I cannot believe your audacity! You defend Williams by characterizing Gallacher's book as "hype?" Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! You, sir, are shameless. And evidently, you are in good company.

#20     Jan 18, 2006