Elite posting rate plunges

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by marketsurfer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. It's detestable, but I had 162 followers on the new site.

#41     Feb 27, 2013
  2. I am all on for constructive discussion, but you enter lots of threads with your anti TA crusade and continually bash TA. Then it's Forex that shouldn't be allowed on ET. I could say, How dare you think you can determine what is worthwhile to be traded and discussed on ET, but I don't think that is appropriate. You behave like a version of Jack Hershey and he is well read, but not for the reasons he might imagine or desire either, so perhaps you ought not to flatter yourself too much :)

Why do I care what you think? I don't care what you think, but I do care about ET and my honest opinion is you are damaging the forum and I am not the only one of that opinion.

As I said, by all means disagree with TA. I think most TA is a waste of time too, but you go way beyond a constructive disagreement into provocation and when someone responds you turn up all hurting. If you want to spar, be ready for the ripost. If it is not foul language and hate filled but is an attempt to be constructive, then discuss it instead of getting high and mighty.

#42     Feb 27, 2013
  3. Then you are numero uno. I stand aside!

:D

#43     Feb 27, 2013
  4. The trouble is that people lost money in the crash, got out or sold on the way up and now they can't bear to look at the new highs. Same reason CNBC ratings are in the dumps.

It is called "Elite Trader" but most of the "traders" are operating $1000 forex accounts.

#44     Feb 27, 2013
  5. kut2k2

kut2k2

+1

#45     Feb 27, 2013
  6. Great point. This is also likely why the hostility toward anyone they see as a success, particularly if they don't understand why or believe it should be them.

I started to wonder why I even post here. I enjoy adding value and chatting with fellow traders/investors but in the last week alone I have been challenged to fights, and verbally attacked from multi angles. amajor troll personage with a Russian alias literally posts within seconds of me generally with some type of snarky remark, while some southern cat challenged me to a fight since I don't believe in TA. There is some serious hate in the markets right now likely because success is still out of reach, at least for the angriest among them. quite sad.

#46     Feb 27, 2013
  7. kut2k2

kut2k2

+1

#47     Feb 27, 2013
  8. The average level of contributor posts threads on "trading secrets" and being "cunning" as if it's an edge. There is no barrier to entry and many of the prolific posters are failing in basic literacy. I concur with billjoerob's comments.

#48     Feb 27, 2013
  9. If this was the new forums I would have clicked on "Like" :)

#49     Feb 27, 2013
  10. dealmaker

dealmaker

while there is some truth to the statement, there are now multiple trader sites, blogs, twitter and Linkedin.

#50     Feb 27, 2013