Elite posting rate plunges

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by marketsurfer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Yeah, you may be exactly correct.
    And, I post in CC and P&R, for fun, but I had in mind the integrity of the site, as a whole, and moving forward, etc.

#11     Feb 27, 2013
  2. Apathy has overwhelmed the market.

#12     Feb 27, 2013
  3. clacy

clacy

It sucks, but as I see it there are 3 types of boards but none of them cater to serious traders:

1- Forex boards, filled with posts about colorful indicators and such, and populated by (mostly foreign) pikers trying to earn a living by trading a $1,000 micro account

2- Investment type sites, that are filled with mostly serious individuals and the boards are well policed. However, 95% of the content is just B&H related, or "should I hold the Vanguard S&P mutual fund or Fidelity's S&P mutual fund?"

3- ET, which I consider more or less economic related entertainment. Very little in the way of serious discussions that aren't almost immediately derailed by bomb throwers, or consumed with endless psychobabble from Jack Hershey. Once he chimes in, the thread is dead.

#13     Feb 27, 2013
  4. Scatafaggot...are you still sore over the fact that we shoved a nice juicy fat healthcare bill down your throat and all you could do was just..."take it"?

#14     Feb 27, 2013
  5. This thread won't load for me after marketsurfes quote (5th post)

Here is the html that stops it from loading in firefox

it has this bit that stops the page from rendering:

Code:
    src="http:// </b>

and then a < slash b >

and it seems when i write the text alone it hangs the post in Preview Reply, and it won't preview. I thought HTML wasn't allowed in the posts? Maybe that got reset with the new forum reversion.

He quoted a youtube (or something) video "Meh" and either messed up the format or the new forum safeties messed it up.

I can't even see my own post probably (this one), so i won't be able to edit it. Just saying, the mods might want to fix that issue.

#15     Feb 27, 2013
  6. Excellent comment.

One of the reasons volatility drops is when the sardines are unable to feed. I think that it's one of the very interesting features about the health of these markets. Volume is another aspect to watch.

Some posters say "just trade longer term". I presume their reasoning is that if you lose small amounts slower, you are in the game longer and will ultimately make it up. The headlines will show that lots of traders/investors are losing these days. All trading sizes are having trouble by my reckoning.

(I can't read page 1 but can see the video and edit and post etc) No problems seen in chrome.

#16     Feb 27, 2013
  7. I often wonder if Jack has muti people posting that nonsense? Price and volume work, but was he a journalist. Who writes in such a bloated fashion?

I have gone over to Wilmont and Nuclear Phynance but I don't have the math and programming background to understand it. So that leaves me with TA and trolls. Surf what should I do?:D :p

#17     Feb 27, 2013
  8. speak for yourself

#18     Feb 27, 2013
  9. Bob111

Bob111

--Man, elite trader posting rate has plummeted---

where have you been? i've noticed it while ago. at least 1 year +. volume is dying,trading is dying and so does the forum. correlation is pretty obvious to me
    i can add my fill ratio and PnL(which is also dying 5 years straight)
    i guess partially thanks to SEC (reg NMS and so on)
    now it's Barron's turn..as they are saying here-adapt or die

#19     Feb 27, 2013
  10. clacy

clacy

Has anyone tried the BMT site?

#20     Feb 27, 2013