Elite Media Whore Maureen Dowd On Short Sellers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Nice words from the left's favorite, smug cunt. My suggestion for the media elite. Be careful. You bring words to a fight we'll bring bombs. Free markets for free men....

"Payback doesn’t have to go as far as the French Revolution. The grifters shafting us don’t have to shed blood, but they do have to give the money back. As far as these self-serving corporate con men and short-selling traders are concerned, off with their headsets."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/19/opinion/19dowd.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

2. She doesn't know shit about finance/ trading.

Short sellers are extremely important to free markets. They contribute greatly in setting a FAIR price for a security.
    Without Short selling, the price of a security wouldn't reflect all the news, judgments made on it by market participants.i

But then, just look how the market reacted after the short selling ban, no only was it misguided, it was useless too.
    No short selling = no efficient markets.

3. Short NYT for printing that uninformed trash.

4. Are you nuts ?
    The NYT is the crown jewel of American journalism. The editorial and news depts are separated. And some Editorial writers (Friedman, Krugman ) are pretty good.

Foxnews, that's something I can live without. or wipe my ass with

5. I told you, by letting Wall St. and the Hedgies fleece the rubes, the blowback would be huge. Now, we've got Maureen Dowd on us. It'll only get worse.

Of course, she's too jaded to understand Schumer and Dodd are the big players in this, and Barack O'Bama will/can do nothing.

If the press had been fair, McCain could have said his piece and gotten some coverage. Instead, we've got partisian hacks hacking at the right, when the left allowed all this to happen and is just as guilty.

I think the only guy that can bring true justice, while still leaving a foundation is McCain. Barack O'Bama and Biden are planning on prosecuting Bush; what a great use of their time.

6. I want Bush (war under false pretenses)/ Cheney (deficits don't matter) to be prosecuted for screwing the country and denying millions of senior citizens the right to retire.

7. Why don't they have the "right" to retire?

8. Because their 401k were decimated for the last year or so. Because the SEC (a branch of the federal gov) failed to do its job, in part.
    The Buck stops with Pres Bush. He screwed the $, exploded the deficits, laid out the business climate for speculators and get-rich-quickly scheme to destroy the fabric of healthy American capitalism.
    That's without the 10 Billion we're spending per month on Irak whereas they're amassing huge surpluses.

Lots of Grandpas and Grandmas are sour and bitter in Florida, watch as Florida turns a solid blue on Nov 4.

9. You have ZERO understanding of markets. Correct? Honestly you sound like an idiot. Please discuss how ANY of the factors you mention are relevant to the stock market.

10. sorry but Pabst is correct. You do sound like you get your information for a 30 second spot.

Its actually congress with their oversight powers that should have stopped much of what happened.

The problem is that the left wanted much of what happened to happen. From the policies to give everone a home regardless of credit scores etc....

As I understand it the stock market was doing fine and making new records until the repubs lost congress.

At the same time going to war with Iraq is about as stupid as handing out welfare checks.

we are a debtor nation and should act like it so we can get out of debt.

#10     Oct 19, 2008