Elite FFL!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by J_Commisso, Sep 12, 2002.

1. yeah 4 win streak. 2 decent QB's, Heinz Ward , and the Baltimore defense (even without Ray Lewis) have been the point gainers for me.
    I've been paying more attention to my line up too.

I was talking to a buddy lastnight who is in a league where the winner gets almost $1000......they have one guy in the league that is 9 and 1....nobody is close. You never know what can happen in the playoffs though.

funny thing is , until 3yrs ago when i got involved in another league, I had really lost interest in football. Well, when I was 12 I thought I wanted to be the next Terry bradshaw.
    Now I can't get enough football. Sunday I go over to a friends house to watch the games. He's got a nice sports bar set up in his basement. Keg, multiple tv's, Direct TV sunday ticket. We go out during halftime and have a quick game.

#71     Nov 26, 2002
  2. again with the beer...

#72     Nov 26, 2002
  3. lol....I love beer. What can I say?

here are some other things I love....in no particular order: snow, great food, coffee, playing darts/golf/poker or any other game really, sexy women, smart women, playing my guitar, the financial markets, my Vans(sneakers), fresh tracks at Mt. Stowe, VT; french toast, Bomber's Burrito Bar(local mexican joint),my FAMILY, my girlfriend, Dumb and Dumber, John Sanford's 'Prey' series novels, putting in a deftones cd and turning it up nice and loud, Matt's annual Halloween party, the beer cart at International Golf Club in Orlando, FL., the sound of hitting my driver just right at the International Golf Club in Orlando, Fl. just after hearing the sound of a Heineken Keg Can opening.

oh, and I love beer too.:D

#73     Nov 26, 2002
  4. rs7

rs7

Are we going through the playoffs???

Where has commisso been?

#74     Nov 27, 2002
  5. the last two weeks of NFL regular season are the playoffs.

1 v 4, 2 v3 and the winner of each face of in final.

#75     Nov 28, 2002
  6. Standings into the Playoffs:

Rank Team Name W-L-T Win % PTS Streak
    1 ~SittinDamnPretty~ 9-4-0 .692 1132.00 W-2
    2 ClosingInOnDannyBoy 9-4-0 .692 959.00 W-2
    3 Uptik2000 7-6-0 .538 936.00 W-1
    4 Vultures 6-7-0 .462 939.00 W-2
    5 Scorpions 6-7-0 .462 927.00 L-3
    6 Breeding Briskets 6-7-0 .462 919.00 L-2
    7 Hellz Wind Staff 6-7-0 .462 889.00 L-1
    8 COHIBA 3-10-0 .231 874.00 L-2

you guys changed names so many times, i don't know who is who anymore...

#76     Dec 10, 2002
  7. rs7

rs7

Uptick, I am playing you this coming weekend. "closing in" is me. If it makes you more comfortable I will just change the name to rs7 for simplicities sake. It was just my "trademark" to change my team's name to reflect my opponent each week. Played Vulture, I was Buzzards. Etc. So let me know if it is a problem. In any event, good luck this week. Looks like we will all be fighting to be runners up to Daniel_M who is "sitting damn pretty". I got Marshall Faulk and Bettis not even able to play. So my money would be on you vs. me at this point. Anyway, we will see soon enough.

Again, good luck, and it's been a fun season for all, except maybe for poor Cohiba, (ElCubano) who played his Miami heart to the end:) As all good expatriots from that little island nation with all the cool cars tend to:D :D :D

I am not so sure who breeding briskets is, but commisso/publias is the commisioner (he is Hellszwind, whatever that means) , so I am sure he has a good handle on who is who. You can always PM him....just have to guess which alias he is using these days and is most likely to log on as and actually see the pm. I think he is going with "(te')" alias lately.

peace uptick,
    :)rs7

#77     Dec 11, 2002
  8. rs7-
    no, it's no problem with the names.....I was just kidding really.
    It has been a good season.
    I'm definately up for doing it again next year.

Good luck to all.
    uptik

#78     Dec 11, 2002
  9. rs7

rs7

Yup, makes Sundays more interesting. Best part....can't lose money:)
    But it sure is fun to check out the results. And hope for Dan to stumble:)

Peace,
    rs7

#79     Dec 11, 2002
  10. yeah, great season all.

what a turn up for the books in the play off race!

uptik with the late season run and vulture, rank outsider, sneaking in by the skin of his teeth!

it's anything-can-happen time now... so i'll probably get blown out this week.

all the best to whoever wins, since it can't be commisso! :D

#80     Dec 11, 2002