eliminate ads, text only

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by zdreg, Dec 10, 2009.

1. PowerST

PowerST

I will place another vote for Firefox with the NoScript add-on. I have been using NoScript for years.

NoScript is more than an ad blocker. It eliminates scripts from the main page also, until you decide to allow scripts for that site. So when you first click on a new link from a google search or an EliteTrader post, the page initially displays without potentially dangerous scripts. Then you can make the decision whether you trust the site enough to allow scripts. With most sites, other than 100% flash based sites, you can see enough of the page without scripts enabled to get a good idea what the site is about.

Since many ads use scripts, NoScript has the side effect of reducing ads (unless you enable the URL for the ad server), especially the more complex animated ads. If the advertisers don't like that, (I believe) they could detect lack of scripting and display a non-scripting alternative ad.

#11     Dec 11, 2009
  2. Concur with the Firefox + Noscript. Using it right now. Won't surf without it.

#12     Dec 11, 2009
  3. Firefox + adblock = what ads?

lol

There's ads on this site? Interesting.

#13     Dec 11, 2009
  4. #14     Dec 11, 2009