Elephant in the Room

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by FaderTrader, Mar 20, 2006.

1. segv

segv

Would you please elaborate on the software platform you are using? What qualitative features of the platform do you think give you an edge? What quantitative features give you an edge?

What are you comparing your performance to, and how exactly does it constitute a "10-fold" improvement? How do you know that your returns are not due to luck alone rather than your "tape-reading" method? Please elaborate.

I think that the majority of negative posts can be attributed to the fact that many traders lose money. The fact that those traders lose money likely has little to do with software, and more to do with risks, costs, capital, and psychology.

Average as opposed to what? If I take your statement literally, then you believe that you are in the 50th percentile of all traders, professional and amateur. If that is the case, do you anticipate that your wealth will eventually erode from the inevitable trade with those in the 95th percentile?

Again, I would be very interested to learn about the software you are using, and the particular characteristics of that software that affect your bottom line.

-segv

#21     Mar 21, 2006
  2. exactly my point.

it's not the platform

hint : there is no magic indicator either

#22     Mar 21, 2006
  3. Noone says anything at all that is concrete, helpful, insightful.

I doubt serious long term money is being made consistantly

due to the quality of posts. What is the point in this thread???

#23     Mar 22, 2006
  4. I don't think software is the reason most people lose money,

I think not discovering, honing, then exploiting an edge is the main reason.

Couple that with the infinite other qualities a trader must have to be profitable.

Stacy

#24     Mar 22, 2006
  5. GS19

GS19

Right on, need to modify trading system as more information comes in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think software is the reason most people lose money,

I think not discovering, honing, then exploiting an edge is the main reason

#25     Mar 22, 2006
  6. bitrend

bitrend

Compare software as a weapon, strategy is the main reason responsible for win and lose. However, not using modern weapon as your opponent results a clear disadvantage.

#26     Mar 22, 2006