Elementary Daytrading

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by stevesmith3127, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Actually, with Russell... I must admit buying his $2000 book long time ago when all the turtle stuff wasn't available as it is right now.

At the time of the purchase, it did help me a lot so I've got nothing bad to say to it. From there I grew out and learned to code in multiple programming language starting with Easy Language and then started coding trend-following systems.

So yeah... the material itself "was" legit. It's now outdated. Turtle methods are definitely under a deflationary state. Curtis Faith's site pretty much explains the methodology so it's practically free.

As for the sluething the guy I mentioned... I just seem to come across him a lot in the internet. First, it was on a Turtle Method thread in ET which he claimed Turtle Trading was all about Pyramiding ( which is not... it's about diversification ), we had some PM chats about the matter and I explained to him the diversification rules and so forth. Also on the thread I posted the turtle code for EasyLanguage.

Few weeks later, he writes a e-book and spams in ET, but he used the code I wrote and sold it as a vendor. That ticked me off quite a bit so I flamed him at the time. I think he claimed to drink with Rich Dennis at a bar and etc..

Few months later, he spams in Yahoo! or misc.invest.futures, claiming that he's a student of Russell. One of his students and friend asked Russell about what the spammer claimed in his book. The truth was Russell had no idea who the spammer was. Russell's student/friend was ticked off so he scared the spammer he'd sue the guy for lying in his book.

Then he sets up his website and spams a well known and respected system trader. He thought it was funny that he sells the PGO system that another well respected system trader made. So the trader places his link for a little laugh.

As for the PGO system, it's publicly available in the internet, through a system trader forum at another site. The spammer just goes around in the internet selling what other people made. He's a unauthorized "free" system re-seller... LOL

Anyways, it's not really sleuthing... This guy's just been persistant with all the spamming. And he comes back around when I forget about him, reminding me who this SOB is... every once in a while... LOL...

It's funny and ironic that the spammer's photo in his site is taken front of Alcatras (you know the San Fran's jail... and I most likely misspelled it... :D )...

There's always a sucker... It's nice that we don't see Russian Software resellers in ET or other kinds of spammers. (Thanks to the mods)

#31     Jan 6, 2004