Electroshock Therapy anyone?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by xianokie, Oct 17, 2002.

1. xianokie

xianokie

I know it’s been a Godsend for many that suffer with manic depression just wondering if anyone here has tried it to improve their trading. Seems traders and those suffering from MD share many of the same feelings, euphoria, invincibility, ability to read mind and or markets, getting special messages from special places, etc.

If you have tired electroshock did you go the medical route or just use a DIY method. What DIY method did you use? Did you just jam a metal knife in alight socket like lots of little kids do. Or did you get an old electrical lamp and rip out the cord and then twist the bare wires ends around your fingers or elsewhere (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) and jack back into the power grid? Whatever method you used did you find it useful for clearing the mind and improving your trading? If so how often do you recommend most traders “powerup”?

Need more info then go directly to a pro and learn to earn.
    http://www.electroboy.com/askelectroboy.htm

2. Crank up the voltage and lets see if I can still click the mouse while I'm twitching.

3. machine

machine

I know a better option. Every time you do something stupid klick here on the link below. It will teach you good. Just don't forget to turn your speakers on high vol.

DISCLAIMER: DON'T TRY THIS WHILE YOU HAVE AN OPEN POSITION OR UNSAVED DOCUMENT. DON'T OPEN IT IF YOU'RE AT WORK.

http://offiz.bei.t-online.de/open.html

:D

4. xianokie,

In case you are serious, I am a psychotherapist and have worked with psychiatric patients for 10+ years. I have seen numerous patients treated with ETC. The only consistent effects I have observed are confusion and memory loss- maybe this is what helps the depressed?. IMO, overall, we do not know enough about how the brain works to be sending electrical current through it- about the only thing we do know is that electricity kills brain cells.

The above effects would seem like the last thing anyone trying to trade would want.

5. oh boy why did I just have to click this link :eek:

6. I think the web site told you why you clicked on that link

:D

7. kinda like smot pokin' :D

and it IS quite helpful

8. :cool::cool:

9. so I guess the next thread is going to be about lobotomy?

10. machine

machine

I'm glad you liked it.:D

#10     Oct 18, 2002