Electronic Exotic Options Trading

Discussion in 'Options' started by CPTrader, Apr 15, 2006.

1. I don't currently have a risk-based haircut, but obviously it's to facilitate market making. An upstairs trader/market maker joins a Joint Back Office to receive risk-haircut. Reduced, the haircut required is VaR at x%; or possibly loss of x% at two sigma up/down, whichever is greater. It usually requires an S7 unless your backer is large enough to offer endogenous leverage [retail req] simply on the basis of being very well capitalized.

Risk-haircut on unhedged shares is 15% vs. 50% for RegT retail.

There are a ton of JBOs in Chicago; Block through 1st Ops[GS/SLK], etc... "Back in the day" the minimum capital req. w/o joining a firm was $250k.

Maverick74 would be the guy to talk to as he deals with a haircut every trading day... I've been out of the loop for a long time and never gave it too much consideration.

#31     Apr 17, 2006
  2. Hey , Sle... Yes , in general , but isn't very dangerous in the last week of exp ? Even with a small trend , the tree structure will overwrite the loss of theta , no ? The ATM SPX's straddle was selling just for 1.2% of the nominal this morning , what will happen if market goes down again tomorrow?

#32     Apr 17, 2006
  3. Risk what's he 1/7 ratio you are referring to.

IV can you chime in on this??

#33     Apr 17, 2006
  4. Riskarb is your man for this question...
    I have to know the bet's conditions to calculated the diff between 6 and 7 branches tree for "odds to hit".

#34     Apr 17, 2006