Electricity Trading

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by quechua, Jan 15, 2019.

1. quechua

quechua

No offense taken and thanks for the insight. I am half Greek and half Turkish (like start of a joke).

I guess I have 2 options.

1. Go for my crazy ex from New York and marry her. You get the green card in a year this way.

2. Work as an engineer back home for a couple of years and obtain the experience, then try a US firm.

After reading this forum for a couple of days, it seems that the best way for me is to trade as a hobby and if things go great (steady overall winnings for a long period), then switch to full time trading.

And I love XKCD cartoons :)

#31     Jan 18, 2019
  2. Sig

Sig

With the nationality thing don't you feel like you must constantly be at war with yourself?:)

I won't comment on the crazy ex idea...

One other idea as we're thinking out loud here is if you can get a job with a multi-national at home that has the opportunity for working in the U.S.? That kind of sponsorship is easy and happens all the time. Doesn't necessarily get you closer to a trading job but gives you a higher probability of putting yourself in a position like @bone was able to do?

#32     Jan 18, 2019
    quechua likes this.
  3. Quechua,
    I know of an individual that is THE most successful Electricity trader in the US. PM me and I will give you his LinkedIn information where you can contact him directly. He runs a group of traders for a firm here in the US. He created proprietary software that is absolutely amazing.

#33     Jan 18, 2019
    quechua likes this.
  4. quechua

quechua

@Sig I plan to start with a utility company. By this way, I can always slide into engineering or financial part of it. Also, I have a couple of multinationals in mind like you said.

@Reactive Analytics That would be great. I can gain experience here as I mentioned above, then try to establish contacts via him. Maybe I can be useful for him, too. PM'ing you.

#34     Jan 18, 2019