Electrical induction

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by omegapoint, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Induction has always been produced by a coil spinning within magnets or magnets spinning around a coil of conducting material. Question is ...MIGHT it be possible for induction to be
    created by substituting magnets for the coil? That is magnets orbiting magnets.

I don't want to get bogged down in answers of conventional ways of doing things being the only way its done, thats why the
    caps on MIGHT above.

I could be wrong but the way I see it is the magnets play the primary role in induction and the coil merely accepts the charge
    that the magnetic field inducts it with. The coil has no FORCE
    inherently like the magnet does, so thats the basis for my perception. I know zilch about electronics, there may be those of you that do. Thanx for any light on the subject.

2. are you looking for investors do you have a prototype?

3. No, I just saw a thing on YouTube where somebody proposed the
    method but didn't verify any truth of it working. I'm in a
    debate with my bro in law about it and he keeps reciting how "its always been done" but never addressing how it'd be impossible
    to do it another way. It just figures that if you double the magnetic field something is added since the coil plays essentially a passive role. I could be wrong but direct me as to exactly why.

4. Interesting. IIRC the definition of induction IS a voltage being induced in a conductor through motion in a magnetic field. So without a conductor what you're describing defies the classical definition of induction. More practically it seems to me there is no (at least easy) way to measure or know that "induction" is taking place by using two magnets. Or stated yet another way I'm quite sure there is some effect induced on each magnet by the other but it's probably not induction. Just my random thoughts, hope they move your pursuit forward. :)

5. What you're looking for is perpetual motion. You and many others. I worked on a project with a guy for 6 months solid trying to create a similar device. Had lot's of really cool stuff floating around, but generate any power or motion that would hold up under resistance...not even close.
    In my opinion, there must be a "sweet spot" that must be held in the magnetic field. There are so many variables and outside influences over that field it's impossible to hold a position.
    It was one of the most interesting projects on worked on,( I was machining parts for his prototype), but it was also the most frustrating. Just when we thought we had something...yet another failure.
    Keep at it. Somebody's gonna' make buku' bucks when they finally get it.

6. Banjo

Banjo

7. Refreshing open-minded comments. My bro-in-law seems to have "issues" unrelated to the possibilities inherent in the question, he just recites how induction works in the most authoritative way w/o addressing why magnet orbiting magnet couldn't work. "Its always been done this way" doesn't refute the possibility of another possible method. I forget ...Popper maybe?

How to transfer the current to a conductor is a problem? And,
    where could the force be transferred to if not a coil? Seems like
    a design obstacle that could be played with.

8. You have the uncanny ability to trade NQ. You are nothing short of amazing (from what i've seen) Will you give a few pointers PLEASE? Certainly you've achieved your highest goals, HELP your fellow brethren :D

9. Looked at his message history and don't know where you get that from?

10. i admit on rare occasion i've seen him in real-time action. he OWNS NQ, :D

he nails the turns like nobody else i ever saw

#10     Jun 28, 2010