Election results: Nothing will change

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hajimow, Nov 6, 2012.

1. If it is she still compulsive that's for sure. :D

#41     Nov 7, 2012
  2. Bob111

Bob111

http://news.yahoo.com/draghi-says-ecb-plan-allows-unlimited-bond-buys-161631051--finance.html

yep...what they forgot to mention,that we are in this mess cause of them in first place..their "model" is not f**g working..and never will.
    those "leaders"...they like f ** dumb and dumber..get this though your head, mr president-this s*t is not working. never worked in japan,never worked in europe and will not work in us. QE to a f** infinity and beyond is now on both sides of atlantic...SSDD

#42     Nov 7, 2012
  3. I agree and look at Greek austerity measures don't seem to be working to well either.

I don't believe anyone has an answer. I believe every G-20 save Canada, Australia, and Brazil ( with the Olympics ) is insolvent but will never admit so they just keep printing hoping for the economic cycle to change.

You can see that housing is slowly improving because rents are so high. I was going to sell and downsize even though I can easily afford my place just to be more central and lower maintenance but after I saw that rent was higher than my mortgage forget that . I will sell and re-buy smaller for cash.

#43     Nov 7, 2012
  4. renting is a luxury only a few can afford. Yes, it's a little more expensive, but I love it for just the reasons you stated. I am more central, and whenever there is a maintenance issue I just punch in 10 numbers (always the same 10 numbers) on my cell phone. No looking through the yellow pages for a contractor and waiting for estimates. And I can change my mind at any time, no waiting for a buyer to come along (which out where I live can take years.) I moved from a big house with a lot of land to a two bedroom apartment, and I couldn't be happier. If I was going to build a house today I would tell them, "Just build it exactly like my apartment." The best thing is, there is a dumpster just 30 feet from my front door. Out in the country you had to put trash in the garage, and then everynight the coons and the dogs would get in and make a mess of things. Plus, I can go to Las Vegas anytime I want and stay as long as I want, and all I have to do is lock the door. "They" take care of everything else.

But I am single and unmarried. If I was still married I don't think they ever built a house that would have been big enough.

#44     Nov 7, 2012
  5. Mercor

Mercor

Greece has cut nothing. No austerity. Spending is still going up

#45     Nov 7, 2012
  6. I have chronic insomnia, and apts. in America in my price range are built like shit. I don't want to hear neighbors yelling and banging at 2AM. I would probably beat them. For me to live in apt it would need solid concrete in the floor and double wall sound buffer. The only place I have see in Denver Metro that suited me was a 700k high rise and while I have money not that much.

#46     Nov 7, 2012
  7. Just curious have a link. I was just going off what I heard on CNBC about a month ago, but we all know CNBC is no Bloomberg.

#47     Nov 7, 2012
  8. TGregg

TGregg

Rent a highrise. That's what I am in. The only time I hear the folks above me is when they drop their weights on the floor or something like that. Share walls with two neighbors and have their bedroom walls against my unit. And I give WAY better noise than I get in that department, at least on weekends. Well, my GF does anyway. :D

My rent is less than 2 large a month for a 2 bedroom in the center of Charlotte, includes trash, internet, washer & dryer.

#48     Nov 7, 2012
  9. yes, same here. I am very fortunate. My apartment was built back when they still respected the dignity of man. It is very quiet. Denver is a rough way to go. You can rent a house, but you never know when they will sell it out from under you. Plus, if you can sell, in my opinion it is an exremely good time to buy. Rates are low, inventory is mind boggling. What more could a man want? The hard part is selling the place you are in.

#49     Nov 7, 2012
  10. Yeah that's good advice. What I found is rents are so high in Denver its one of the cities where it makes more sense to buy rather than rent. Read stats that rental vacancy is 4% here with rents going up 10% a year.

What makes sense is renting from a private owner townhouse or high rise, we just don't have many high rises in the burbs. I am just not a downtown guy.

Oh and I found out that property mngt companies want $250 for a credit app/background check that's BS plain and simple, it doesn't cost more than $60.

Supply and demand at it's best.

#50     Nov 7, 2012