Election is over: LONG OIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by The Kin2, Nov 7, 2006.

1. in regards to the MCI analogy.

MCI is/was a STOCK - a company

oil is a commodity

there are, needless to say, numerous problems with analogizing between the two

for the chartists - my long oil is about 50% fundamentals and 50 charts

#31     Nov 10, 2006
  2. hels02

hels02

Good points. In either case, I don't see the market crashing soon, and oil would have at least a few weeks of upside, if not longer.

There's more interesting news (there's been a lot of market moving news lately). China's planning to stop buying up so many US dollars... with their billion/trillion dollar cash and trade imbalance, they may well sink it into oil/gold (metals), and let the dollar rot (something Bush thought was a good thing for years). The consequences to us would be a lot of pain, even if the long term benefits are worth it.

That's going to change a lot of things. I'm still trying to figure out what myself.

#32     Nov 10, 2006
  3. hels02

hels02

Boy am I glad I didn't buy oil. :D

#33     Nov 16, 2006
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ouch. :eek:

#34     Nov 16, 2006
  5. Yeah, what happened to the Chimpy McJewliburton manipulation of oil? I'm sure this drop is just part of their fiendish plan.

#35     Nov 16, 2006
  6. bingo!

all the cheneyhalliburtonchimpydiebold people are strangely silent.

the election is over.

and oil is down !

it kind of throws a wrench in their silly conspiracy

#36     Nov 16, 2006
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Don't spoil their fun. It's all they have to hold onto is their silly little conspiracy theories, if you take that away from them, what will they have?

#37     Nov 16, 2006
  8. ChrisL

ChrisL

Hahaha... too funny

#38     Nov 17, 2006
  9. Unfortunately, the lack of follow through of their conspiracy theories will not stop them to jump on the next ones. The pool of theories is unlimited. Let's see what the next one will be.

#40     Nov 17, 2006