Election is over: LONG OIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by The Kin2, Nov 7, 2006.

1. I kinda agree but seems we might have to watch for a little while.

#21     Nov 9, 2006
  2. OIL going out hod !!!!

go manipulators $$$

#22     Nov 9, 2006
  3. Woohoo!!!!!!!!!1

#23     Nov 9, 2006
  4. You're at a loss. The rest of us are getting $$$. There are more powerful forces at work here, for example supply and demand. Am I pumping and dumping? Please... I could not even move a microcap stock if I wanted too, let alone a trillion dollar market.

#24     Nov 9, 2006
  5. rosy2

rosy2

oil is going up. downside is limited. I have been long for over a week

#25     Nov 9, 2006

6. Why would anyone in his right mind pass up free money?!! :confused:

The same manipulators who drove oil prices down will drive the price higher. next stop $100.00

This years winter will be mild like last year, yet Nat gas rocketed up today. It's time to ride the gravy wagon! :D

#26     Nov 9, 2006
  7. bsmeter,

I am a purely technical trader. I posted a chart a few posts earlier on why I think it is time to go long oil. The oil service holder stock is a nice way to take advantage of the movement of oil.

#27     Nov 9, 2006
  8. hels02

hels02

I'm not accusing anyone here of pumping and dumping.

I guess it's just the knowledge that by the time something shows up in the news... a lot of people already knew about it, so it's priced in. All this bullishness in the news lately is making me nervous too. I liked it better when everyone was bearish... hehe.

#28     Nov 10, 2006
  9. I think we need to take a variety of factors into account and look at the big picture. The chart that was posted here showing the 50/200 week average of the Oil Holders Index. Its right now up against the 50 week average line meaning it could go two ways, bounce off of it and go lower or pierce through it and go higher.

OPEC wants oil over 60 per barrel and now the government will be in gridlock. Certainly there will not be any new drilling in the arctic regions and drilling offshore might soon be a pipe dream. Consumers seem comfortable with the gas between 2-3 per gallon.

I dont believe anyone in government really cares too much to do anything about the prices. Bush doesnt care, the Democrats dont care. I dont see them rushing about overly concerned on the issue.

I think there is a better chance of oil going higher then lower. However, I would wait until it pierces through the 50 week line for that particular etf. It could bounce and come back down quickly.

#29     Nov 10, 2006
  10. The upside to a mild winter is that consumer driving habits will adjust also. Warmer weather alows the consumer to drive around like it is the summer. Nat gas is more of a weather play than oil. If the Dem's increase the minimum wage we will have inflation concerns which will also play into higher oil. Just an opinion.

Akuma

#30     Nov 10, 2006