Election... correct conclusions for the Right

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Nov 16, 2012.

1. jem

jem

facts

Obama had fewer votes
    Romney had fewer votes than McCain

conclusions

a. a billion dollars of negative ads must be responded to.
    b. more than a few million evangelicals did not vote for a mormon
    c. a few more million would not vote for an establishment non tea party endorsed republican.
    d. ron pauls liberatarian group is a group which must be considered... just like latinos.
    e. If the republicans agree to raise taxes but do not get a budget balanced in the next year...not in 10 year projected b.s. budget.. they will lose millions of more votes from their base.

2. pspr

pspr

Nonsense. All we have to do is promise EVERY voter a $5,000 check to be received before April 15th of the next year if we win. It will only cost the taxpayers $600 billion if we have 120 million voters. Think of it just as another Obama stimulus but this one goes to the voters instead of the cronies.

I project a 90% to 10% win. :D

Actually, we could probably make it a lottery and give $5,000 to 1/2 of all voters to be selected by lottery after the election. That would only cost $300 billion. Peanuts!

3. Ricter

Ricter

Lmao @ 'e'. Balanced budget NEXT year??

4. so now jem is unskewing himself by making excuses for his message losing.

“Millions of American evangelicals are absolutely shocked by not just the presidential election, but by the entire avalanche of results that came in,” R. Albert Mohler Jr., president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, in Louisville, Ky., said in an interview. “It’s not that our message — we think abortion is wrong, we think same-sex marriage is wrong — didn’t get out. It did get out.
    “It’s that the entire moral landscape has changed,” he said. “An increasingly secularized America understands our positions, and has rejected them.”

5. Jem is a lot closer than the older sect like pspr and crew. They will automatically be irrelevant due to changing demographics. Since they won't admit to, nor compromise with, reality, well you see what happens.

The younger and smarter GOP will come back IMO. They will embrace social change, get rid of religious whackos and teaparty types. Then, and only then will they put up Christie for a win in 2016. Against Hillary, no bet from me yet, but against almost anyone else, a good chance.

6. jem

jem

I did just unskew the polls and applying the template to the results.

I am not making excuses... I am pointing out factors.
    We lost... excuses don't matter... but analysis does... so we can create a better plan for the next round.

My model assumed lower Dem turnout and higher GOP turnout because the economy sucked and we were over hope and change.

To my astonishment... a lot of the GOP stayed home. I still find this really fricken odd that McCain received more votes than Romney.

7. I dont.Mccain is a much better man then Mitt Romney

8. jem

jem

how so...

9. McCain was honest, Jem.

10. I'll jump in. McCain Had, and is in the process of losing, a wide b-partisan support base. He was conservative, great. And he was a known product. Romney was just too wishy washy for his own party IMO. And, by the way they have thrown him under the bus, I think most GOP'ers agree.

#10     Nov 19, 2012