Electing McCain could save taxpayers almost $5 million

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jachyra, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Jachyra

Jachyra

Usually I loathe spam, but I actually got one in my inbox this morning that I thought was sorta interesting... Maybe McCain should make this argument in his next debate:

A president's pension currently is $191,300 per year, until he is 80 years
    old. Assuming the next president lives to age 80. Sen. McCain would receive
    ZERO pension as he would reach 80 at the end of two terms as president.

Sen. Obama would be retired for 26 years after two terms and would receive
    $4,973,800 in pension. Therefore it would certainly make economic sense to
    elect McCain in November.

How's that for non-partisan thinking???

2. This is SPAM. Go away McCain operative!

3. 5 millions on the national debt clock scale is about 10 foot steps.

4. <object width="464" height="388" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://www2.funnyordie.com/public/flash/fodplayer.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="key=f2bb3db5af" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><embed width="464" height="388" flashvars="key=f2bb3db5af" allowfullscreen="true" quality="high" src="http://www2.funnyordie.com/public/flash/fodplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object><div style="text-align:center;width: 464px;">See more <a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/">funny videos</a> at Funny or Die</div>

5. MKTrader

MKTrader

Obama should just forgo his salary since he'll probably write 20 more memoirs after his Presidential days. Really, how can anyone other than a self-absorbed narcissist write two memoirs before their early 40s? Talk about flattering himself.

6. I see how you can be upset with Obama making $5M in pension over the course of his life.

I mean that's just a slap in the face after having bush funnel over $600B (and counting) to his cronies via the Iraq war, all while keeping his oil and bank buddies warm at night as they burn $100 bills and laugh at America. Let's not forget Bernanke and Paulson destroying America and taking $700B+ with it.

I see how you can take issue with that.

I also see how you have a pile of shit for brains.

7. It's called being an intellectual.

Presidents shouldn't be the dumbest of the people, as we've seen in the last 8 years.

What's wrong with someone who can write and recollect information by himself? Shouldn't that be the standard?

8. No - the standard is to have a mediocre communications major as VP and a computer illiterate president.

On the positive side, Bush has proven that a mentally retarded person can achieve presidency. No offense to the mentally retarded.

9. MKTrader

MKTrader

I've read Barack and Michelle.

Neither are intellectuals....or even close.

When Obama engages with Plato's Republic, the Federalist and Anti-Federalist Papers, Toqueville, etc., maybe he'll earn that title.

Bush never claimed to be an intellectual. Obama is a lightweight wannabe.

10. Jachyra

Jachyra

OMG you are such an dolt... my whole point in the original post was that McCain has been such a weak and completely inept candidate, particularly in the debates, that perhaps this very weak argument might actually be his best argument.

Clearly you don't share the same passion for subtle humor as you do for being rude and crass.

#10     Oct 9, 2008