Elderly Americans Soon Eating Cat food due to high energy/food prices

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Aaron Copland, Jan 14, 2008.

1. #51     Jan 14, 2008
  2. It seems that the toadstools are feeding the mushrooms.

#52     Jan 14, 2008
  3. Here are a few reasons why I don't believe the "conspiracy theories."

Let me tell you a quick story. Back in 1990, I was in the field artillery and got deployed to Saudi Arabia. I was told (by some on the "left") that the reason for Operation Desert Shield/Storm was so we could "steal" Kuwait's oil and subsequently Saudi Arabia's oil. The war ended in early 1991. Since the U.S. oil companies were supposed to "steal" the oil for Bush (41) and take some for themselves - my question is this: which U.S. oil company, 17 years later, currently controls the oil supply in Kuwait or Saudi Arabia? I've asked this before, but no one curiously can give me an answer - even though, according to some, that was the reason for Gulf War 1 to begin with.

Secondly, Bush (43) WAS in the oil business, but his company went bankrupt. Once again, curiously, according to some, he feels compelled to "take care of his oil buddies" - the same "buddies" that put him out of business. If it was me, I wouldn't try to take care of them - I'd be pretty pissed off at them. If he is trying to "steal" the world's oil supply, as some suggest, where is this oil going? Is there a pipeline stretching from Baghdad to Crawford? Specifically, which oil company has set up shop in Iraq and is stealing the oil? (I haven't heard, which is why I'm asking).

#53     Jan 14, 2008
  4. By the way, there is a "terror based" premium in the price of oil - we all know that. We disagree on who the terrorists are: I believe it's the ones who have attacked us and our interests since the 80s. They all seem to have a common thread.

#54     Jan 14, 2008
  5. Much respect on the Desert Storm/Shield thing BTW. I just don't understand where the terrorists are holding oil hostage?

Yes, there are terrorists over there, and plenty of them...but we are all being played. I really don't think it's them doing this with the oil....I hate Michael Moore, but think Farenheit 911 type stuff. lol

#55     Jan 14, 2008
  6. Good for you. Did you avail yourself of every tax credit on your way up? What of those that tried but failed for whatever reason? Let them starve? Live on the street? Steal from you? Let them no choice and they will act like animals to survive. Do you want lower crime? We must make place to care of the poor, the infirmed, the sick, the starving.. those that for whatever reason find themselves w/o resource to live and survive. Would you turn your nose up at a starving dog? Get real man. Do you really place money over humanity?

#56     Jan 14, 2008
  7. All right, back to my original question to the poster who began this thread. Isn't tuna cheaper than cat food? Why don't they just buy tuna?

#57     Jan 14, 2008
  8. Long Tender Vittles!
    Short Alpo..

Always hedged..

#58     Jan 14, 2008
  9. Reaver, I've read some of your posts and agree with some things that you say - just not so much this topic. When I say there's a "terror premium" in the current price of oil, I'm not saying that if that one component didn't exist, we would return to $25/barrel. If anything, I think the reason for the dramatic increase in the price of oil is a combination of potential instability in the Middle East and supply/demand. I also don't believe that we caused the instability, we had to take action to prevent another 9/11. Sitting back and doing nothing after the 1993 WTC bombing didn't work out too well.

#59     Jan 14, 2008
  10. there is alot of human food that is alot cheaper than cat food. these are bs stories.

#60     Jan 14, 2008