Elderly Americans Soon Eating Cat food due to high energy/food prices

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Aaron Copland, Jan 14, 2008.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

But where do you draw the line. Fist it is commodities, then financial futures then equities, before you know only institutions can afford to trade.

Also do not forget, that higher oil prices could be a necessary evil, that will spark some new development that could change it all. Things are not that simple.

#21     Jan 14, 2008
  2. bgp

bgp

MY GOOD PRES. BIG W WILL TAKE CARE OF THE ELDERLY POOR.
    maybe george can use that big word STRATEGIC in his speech.

:confused: thats W

bgp

#22     Jan 14, 2008
  3. Agree. Perhaps even a seperate tax on specific "needed commodities" that means profits done in speculation are taxed much higher on certain "must have" goods.

#23     Jan 14, 2008
  4. You draw the line when it hurts the common folks - non-investors, if you will. If the price of GOOG goes through the roof, it doesn't mean a family of three with both parents working has to eat less in the coming month.

#24     Jan 14, 2008
  5. :(
    Cat food eh...?

#25     Jan 14, 2008
  6. As an elderly person myself, I find that the best solution to warmth is to sleep with two fat old ladies, one on either side. We save the cat food to attract cats, which amplifies the caloric return many-fold.

#26     Jan 14, 2008
  7. gnome

gnome

Maybe if the elderly suffer enough, they'll band together vote to kick all the a-holes out of Congress and the Administration...

#27     Jan 14, 2008
  8. Isn't a can of tuna less expensive than a can of cat food? Why not just eat the tuna?

#28     Jan 14, 2008
  9. Oh no...and kill dolphins? :mad:

#29     Jan 14, 2008
  10. LOL!

#30     Jan 14, 2008