El Salvador hopes to becomes the world’s first country to adopt bitcoin as legal tender

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by johnarb, Jun 5, 2021.

1. johnarb

johnarb

Great.

Michael Saylor video explains that you have an opportunity that other people from outside of where you live do not

Are you going to ignore that someone from El Salvador, or Africa, or Turkey do not have the same choices that you do in investing/saving their income outside of their highly inflationary system? Apple stock or Amazon Stock is not available to them, nor the US index ETF's

Are you going to ignore Simon Dixon explaining to you that debt-based monetary system is designed to enslave everyone by inflating away their blood and sweat?

Are you going to ignore the arguments made by Jeff Booth that given the technological innovation we've had, we could have been working much less hours today, possibly as little as 15 hours a week?

or perhaps we do not have to take massive risks as starting a business in order to make it out of the rat race early in life, maybe retiring at age 50 would be normal?

Bitcoin offers property ownership that is global and decentralized and if it's not for you, fine, but El Salvador has chosen it as a solution for them

For your sake and your family, you should consider tail risks of what ifs that could ruin you or your family's quality of life no matter how tiny that probability is, but I digress

Politicians from Paraguay and Brazil are changing their profile pictures to laser eyes and posting support of Bitcoin

The genie is out of the bottle

#51     Jun 7, 2021
  2. johnarb

johnarb

El Salvador, then Paraguay, then Brazil, now Argentina, hmm [​IMG]

The virus is spreading...

#52     Jun 7, 2021
  3. Sig

Sig

Sorry, I thought you were talking about how you were the wage slave. Now you've gone all altruist on us and it's all about the poor El Salvadorans. Of course 99% of them spend every unit of currency they have, regardless of type, on day to day living. So again, the fact that they could store their non-existent savings in Bitcoin and not suffer from a couple percent inflation in their normally dollar denominated life is completely irrelevant to them. And get 50%+ swings in a month instead! Certainly Bitcoin changes absolutely nothing in the day to day life of 99% of El Salvadorans, again a solution looking for a problem they don't have, and they've got lots of problems! Talk about not grasping what it's like to live outside your own bubble.

I'm sorry that you decided not to read anything I wrote about Jeff Booth. The 15 hour work week thing is exactly the kind of irrelevant but "yeah, we can all agree on that" kind of thing that actually has nothing to do with Bitcoin that's the hallmark of the sales technique that Jeff Booth just gave a masters class in on that video I suffered through watching. As I mentioned, woe to the guy who points out you were suckered into it, because no-one likes to think of themselves as a sucker. You're doing a better job demonstrating my points than I could!

I appreciate your concern for my financial well being, but when the balloon goes up you're not going to be able to eat your bitcoin. On the other hand I not only have a pretty diversified asset base across asset classes and geographies, much of it actual physical assets creating value regardless of monetary system, but I know I can start and run companies having done it successfully twice before (involving pretty much no risk, BTW) and can always fall back on the electrical engineering degree and ATP license as plan B and C. What you call tail risk I call opportunity, and you can too when you realize that blind evangelism for any cause is itself one of the biggest risks you can subject yourself to.

#53     Jun 7, 2021
  4. johnarb

johnarb

I really don't know why I'm responding to you. You're a fucking bone-headed idiot that can only see your life and not the millions regular US people who are unable to escape this inflationary fiat system

I was a wage slave, but thanks to bitcoin and cryptos, I quit my job recently

Stop gaslighting people who have the conviction and belief in bitcoin and cryptos

Fuck you for spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt on here and pretending you're not by hiding your intentions

You're a coward and going around and making suggestions of this and that, just come out and say you hate bitcoin and cryptos

You're the one that came here commenting on the decision by El Salvador. You don't like it, go over there and tell the president

#HaveFunStayingPoor Sig

[​IMG]

#54     Jun 7, 2021
  5. Sprout

Sprout

Fair points.

The whole interview is great but if you’re press for time start around 1:30

He drills down from a macro view much from your perspective.

#55     Jun 7, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  6. Sig

Sig

So you're left with nothing but the personal attacks, noted by all.

#56     Jun 7, 2021
  7. Sig

Sig

Not another hour of my life! I'll try to listen in at 1:30 tomorrow.

#57     Jun 7, 2021
  8. johnarb

johnarb

I have been courteous and respectful to you even when you keep using fanboys and other condescending tone

But when you're playing victim and psyops, "woe to the guy who points out you were suckered into it"

Seriously, you're a victim, oh, no, I cry for you :D

Fuck you asshole, you're a manipulator and it doesn't work on me :cool:

Like I said, you've been posting here for years and putting fud, just hate the possibility that you were able to affect someone's decision and it caused them a lot of profits

#58     Jun 7, 2021
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

just choose a stable coin, why mess w/BTC's volatility?

#59     Jun 7, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  10. johnarb

johnarb

The government wants to encourage regular citizens to have a savings account, since most of them are unbanked

It is not a true savings account due to btc 'svolatility, so more like an investment account, where people hodl btc and participate in the upside as well as the downside

Saw a video that many businesses were already asking to be paid in bitcoin instead of USD even before the President's announcement so the adoption had been going on for over a year, I think, from Jack Maller's presentation

#60     Jun 8, 2021