El Salvador hopes to becomes the world’s first country to adopt bitcoin as legal tender

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by johnarb, Jun 5, 2021.

1. piezoe

piezoe

Good for you. Sometimes we see humor in strange places.

#21     Jun 6, 2021
  2. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

That had everything to do with your post. They have crime levels out the roof and the poverty plays a major role in it. No different than if you were to go to a city like Detroit which is run down. A flourishing city with a good economy has less of a crime problem. And how you don't already know this beyond me.

Venezula has already adopted crypto and now their economy has progressed significantly.

It's good to see all these poor countries adopting crypto, with more money in people's pockets, it's less of a reason to turn to crime for support...

#22     Jun 6, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  3. Sprout

Sprout

A good thread on some of the nuance of this development.

#23     Jun 6, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  4. johnarb

johnarb

Are they are defending from the fiat debasement by big central banks?

[​IMG]

#24     Jun 7, 2021
  5. cesfx

cesfx

How can you even post Pink Floyd videos and then even come up with this shit?

If you switched "El Salvador" with "USA", and "innocent Americans" with "innocent Muslims", you'd probably be under watch for terrorism...

But as long as it's the USA (or an american) who shoots anybody at will, nukes, napalm, drone or satellite guide bombs innocents, children and women around the world, that's fine, innit?

It's a pathetic and mentally disturbed way of thinking, I hope you were ironic... or drunk.

#25     Jun 7, 2021
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

I think poor gangbanged Latin American countries are an excellent petri dish for trying out incredibly volatile cryptos. I mean, what could go wrong?

E l Salvador specially, leading in murder rates, the President illegally dismissing their supreme court, etc.

It is good for Bitcoin, it is good for El Salvador and El Dictatore...

#26     Jun 7, 2021
    ITM_Latino likes this.
  7. Sig

Sig

So a month ago you could buy a car for .35 bitcoin. Today it will cost you .55 bitcoin to buy the same car. That's an annualized inflation rate of 685%! How is that "protecting developing economies from potential shocks of fiat currency inflation" again, especially the economy in question which uses the dollar which suffered from literally orders of magnitude less inflation in the last month?

Are the bitcoin fanboys just morons or do they cynically realize that they're spouting gibberish but think they can flim flam a public who doesn't fully understand it?

#27     Jun 7, 2021
    taojaxx likes this.
  8. mlawson71

mlawson71

I am not entirely sure how Bitcoin can protect an economy from shocks when its price crashes after a few tweets by one very rich guy.

#28     Jun 7, 2021
    virtusa likes this.
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Tether, not Bitcoin. A 3% or so inflation is healthy anyway. Bitcoin drops 50+% in every 2-3 years (6 drops of 75% in 12 years), so your argument is total bullshit.

#29     Jun 7, 2021
  10. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

No, that would be 63%

#30     Jun 7, 2021