El Salvador hopes to becomes the world’s first country to adopt bitcoin as legal tender

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by johnarb, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Makes me feel better though. It is not like my tax dollars will help the situation. Sorry, I am getting carried away on a crypto thread with politicy things My bad..

#11     Jun 5, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  2. #12     Jun 5, 2021
    guest_trader_1 likes this.

3. No, dude. Him SAYING nuke 'em will not impact the realities that we live in. But you don't get it. He is literally saying GO AND NUKE THEM. That, if done, COULD impact the realities we live in lol.

#13     Jun 5, 2021
    ChipShotTrader likes this.
  4. NOX.png

THREE CANS of this shit...damn...

#14     Jun 5, 2021
  5. I was going to point this out.
    El Salvador is one the biggest hubs for cartels. Crime levels in that country are insane.
    Still bitcoiners will see their adoption as something to be proud of. That's the level.

#15     Jun 6, 2021
    ITM_Latino likes this.
  6. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

They are human beings, and it is also a very poor country with no economy. Don't you think if that country had more money they could have more solutions for crime? If you were born into a poor country full of crime and the only way to survive was to become a gangster, I'm sure you would probably just die right?

#16     Jun 6, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  7. piezoe

piezoe

I don't see how calling some of these Central American countries "shitholes" is in our best interests, or theirs either. Thank goodness for President Biden's wise reassembling of our State Department.

Now, once again, the U.S. State Department will work with Central American Governments of troubled and troublesome countries that can meet certain forward looking criteria and milestones. It is in our best long range interests to do all that we can to help countries to our South achieve economic and social stability.

The cornerstone of all economic infrastructure in every stable society, including our own, is nutrition, healthcare and education. But when chaos reigns, maintaining law and order must precede building out educational infrastructure.

Our shortsighted history of interfering in local politics on behalf of U.S. Corporate interests hasn't endeared us to our Southern neighbors. The Biden administration seems to be building a State Department capable of overcoming our reputation. Let's hope so. Still, we have no reasonable choice other than to be patient. The alternative is much worse.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    #17     Jun 6, 2021
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

I like the idea of testing something out in a small country. But why BTC, the failed as currency crypto? If they want stability they should have gone with the obvious TETHER. Or make their own crypto.

In short, morons at execution...

#18     Jun 6, 2021
  9. Tranquilo jefe, que algunos sabemos mas de El Salvador de lo que tú te crees.

I don't see how your post is related to mine, no one said they are not human beings and no one said that if they had the chance to get rid of that level of crime they wouldn't do it. Don't mix things too quickly because that demagogy can lead you to arguments. Don't forget that they speak Spanish and one of their main destinations is Spain, so let's not end into easy conclusions.

My post was exclusively related to Bitcoin and the well known fact that the coin have been funded with counterfeit monies. A regulated country with a proper economy would never adopt Bitcoin as their currency but El Salvador is at a level that anything they do might help to get rid of their dependency from the dollar.

Obviously they can fund it with lots of monies coming from unregulated sources. The main point for them to adopt it.

#19     Jun 6, 2021
    ITM_Latino and piezoe like this.
  10. I literally spit out my drink laughing when I read this.

#20     Jun 6, 2021