Either a BLACK TUESDAY, or Emergency Cut

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JJ2000426, Jan 21, 2008.

1. it reached a reversal level, now the waiting is to see if that is a real reversal or a fake-out.

Maria

#81     Jan 22, 2008

2. This is the last time I will respnd as to be honest I get more sense out of my 9 year old son.

It is the exact same reason so the same same rational but whereas before the market was tanking it has now rallied.

Yesterday and first thing this morning equities were tanking and so the carry trades tanked. so dollar yen fell whilst the dollar rallied against the euro and sterling. After all if you want to sell euro yen then it is easiest to sell dollar yen and euro dollar.

In the past hour the exact opposite has happened and equities have rallied hard. The Ftse for example has rallied over 300 ticks. So Carry trades have surged. Hence the dollar has weakend againsty the euro and the pound but strengthened against the yen.

Anotherwaors the exact same explanation can be given for the dollar moves yesterday, first thing this morning and again in the ast hour. It is all entirely rational.

#82     Jan 22, 2008
  3. When will I run out of black day threads to bring to the top? When I finally run out then the market will move higher...

#83     Dec 15, 2008
  4. I guess once you run out, you'll have to figure out a new way to be annoying.

#84     Dec 15, 2008