Either a BLACK TUESDAY, or Emergency Cut

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JJ2000426, Jan 21, 2008.

1. <i>"Seems to me, if Gentle Ben is going to cut before the Jan meeting, he will do so tomorrow am before the 9:30 open."</i>

If they cut unannounced, it will be deep in the trough. I would imagine there are scenarios in place right now for such action. If the markets manage to bounce on their own (which is possible) then Fed will sit idle and wipe the cold sweat from their collective brow.

If instead the markets auger straight into the ground, they will step in at some predetermined point. Prez Bush attended the latest PPT meeting for the first time in admitted history? Does that tell us something about Fed fixation on stock markets?

No one should expect any rate cuts to right the market. Rate cuts are impotent now. But everyone should beware of the Fed ready to act at some point in the very near future, futile effort or otherwise.

#21     Jan 21, 2008
  2. Why is everyone freaking out about the dow futures being down 500 pts? The shorts are all gloating.... If I were the shorts, I wouldn't be so excited... I have been waiting for a big down day like this for a while, i'm hoping we see 1000 pts down on tuesday... bigger the better.. it will be the shorts shooting there load. To actually have a bottom put in this market we need this kind of huge unrelenting "crash".... I'm actually excited this sort of move may be the signal of a bottom on the horizon... The more panic and fear the better.. so everyone SELL tuesday ;)

PS... I am NOT calling a bottom. I'm simply stating that for any meaningful bottom to be put in,we MUST have a huge panic driven down day... this looks like it will be one of those types of days which MAY end up signaling a bottom, not that it necessarily WILL

#22     Jan 21, 2008
  3. Mr Pain

Mr Pain

The Bush plan from last week and the reaction proved this. The basis of our consumer economy is so unsound, a rate cut might save the decline for a week.

#23     Jan 21, 2008
  4. What's the Fed going to do when it's DOW 10k and rates are 1% .... offer negative interest rates, lol!

#24     Jan 21, 2008
  5. I like Cramer's plan. Put him in charge.

#25     Jan 21, 2008
  6. He's an expert on the Great Depression.

Maybe he wants to study one up close and get rich writing books about it.

#26     Jan 21, 2008
  7. LOL, that's gotta be what that blowup video guy was going on about

#27     Jan 21, 2008
  8. Our choice between Russian bonds and Rocketdyne, hmmm :D

#28     Jan 21, 2008
  9. 99atlantic asked:
    That two does not happen at the same time. People will lend US dollars at 1% interest rate and buy equities and physical assets. It's virtually free money when you are paying only 1% interest rate and watch the value of US dollar plummet.

Remember Helicopter Ben still have a lot of FRNs to drop from his helicopters. Better do it above my big backyard :)

#29     Jan 21, 2008
  10. Look at the US dollar rally today. This is no time for a dollar rally yet it happened. What does it tell you? They are preparing for an emergency cut so they jacked up the US dollar to prepare for the inevitable fall later.
    http://quote.goldseek.com/dollar.php

#30     Jan 21, 2008