Eikon - Any Prop Traders here that use Eikon instead of BBG ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Roaso, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Any why do you need sell side research? Most is complete garbage and useless for trading or investment purpose. I was shit bombed by that crap day in day out. The only value I saw was in the occasional macro pieces.

#11     Dec 12, 2020
  2. Yes, most of them are garbage, but sometimes they move momentum stocks a lot. Or there is some information pointed out which isn't well known for the market.

#12     Dec 13, 2020
  3. They hardly ever move anything at all because their dissemination is hugely delayed. That investment banks still employ those people and push this crap and that anyone is listening to it is beyond me. With a little time and research you can build a much better feedly macro feed from different sources than what you would ever get from those houses.certainly it is not worth getting bbg for that. As someone previously pointed out, that crap is only pushed to clients assumed to have big pockets to buy some shit offerings or give them some commission business.

#13     Dec 13, 2020
  4. Analyst revisions are a driver of momentum and that information is very useful. Most firms will look at trends over past 4wks to 3 months.

#14     Jan 5, 2021
    razle likes this.