Egyptians pelt Clinton motorcade with tomatoes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildchild, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Ricter, i was in a rush when I wrote those last two posts and didn't notice that chart was of the participation rate.. which you could probably tell. I can't fix them now. Anyway are you chalking up the discretionary cut to Obama? Because that was clearly not by choice, the dems didn't want to cut anything but were forced to by the reps in order to get the debt ceiling raised. The author confirms that in the article although she didn't give any credit to the reps.

As for the chart, I can accept that half of that is from baby boomer retirement but it looks like it fell off of a cliff after '08.. a lot of that has to be due to job loss. Many people also lost, or were down, a good deal in their retirement plans during that time and I doubt they just retired anyway. The number I used in my post was the employment to pop ratio, not the participation rate. I don't know the exact differences between the two but this ratio is defined as the number of employed people within "working age"/ total population of people within "working age". The baby boomer coming of age didn't stop the this ratio from increasing under Bush until '08. It has not even blipped up under BO, just flatlined after a huge decline.

[​IMG]

http://data.bls.gov/generated_files/graphics/LNS12300000_83015_1342494968165.gif

I left the link cause the chart keeps disappearing.

Assuming jobs are the best indicator of an economies status, our economy is not (or is barely) expanding and obama's record doesn't start at recession low. I don't think jobs are the best indicator, but maybe the most accurate way to track change month over month.

#41     Jul 16, 2012
  2. wildchild

wildchild

How exactly did I get owned? The idiot went to a pro-Obama propaganda site and copy and pasted. As stated before, the list is totally rubbish when you consider the first accomplishment says that Obama is fiscally responsible.

#42     Jul 17, 2012
  3. Well, that's easy. If it conflicts with what you think you know, throw it out. Way to be objective.

#43     Jul 17, 2012
  4. wildchild

wildchild

Any objective person would look at that list and quickly realize that it is absolute rubbish.

If Obama was so great and did all this wonderful stuff, why is unemployment so high, why did he blow out the deficit, why doesn't the US have manned space flight, why did he get his ass kicked in the midterm election, and to get back to topic, why did these Egyptians throw tomatoes and shoes at Hillary after all Obama was supposed to do to bridge the gap. He did go to Cairo and he gave a speech, remember that. According to Obama, giving a speech will heal all, so what happened?

#44     Jul 17, 2012
  5. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

Christ, most of that list is disgusting. Have you even read the list yourself? Most of it is a loss of freedom and liberty and an unnecessary burden on citizens and businesses.

First of all 50% of that list is just trivial bullshit, like "Obama met with more worldwide politicians than previous administrations". And even then, it's just for show. Here watch this entertaining video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/erYpXzE9Pxs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The other 50% are things that only liberals consider to be good but those who care about personal liberty find absolutely appalling.

#45     Jul 17, 2012
  6. Yeah the list is inflated but it's generally all good stuff.

Videos are generally stupid and are for people who either can't read or have poor reading comprehension. This is why they are so popular with rabid righties. They need it spoon-fed to them.

#46     Jul 17, 2012

7. Bush's fault.

#47     Jul 17, 2012
  8. wildchild

wildchild

Your bogus list claims that Obama got 96% of his stuff through Congress in the first year. If he got 96% of his stuff through Congress, why have none of these these things worked.

#48     Jul 17, 2012
  9. Gee, I don't know genius, maybe it has something to do with the biggest economic crash since the great depression and a worldwide depression and the mess in Europe and a five TRILLION dollar bill for Iraq and deficits from tax breaks and the collapse of the housing market, all due to the unregulated(just the way the reps like) actions of Wall St. and the big banks.

Nah, it must be Obama's fault.

#49     Jul 17, 2012
  10. wildchild

wildchild

Yeah after 3 and a half years and trillions of dollars spent I expect some results, but that's just me.

#50     Jul 17, 2012