Egypt will blow up did you see brian williams face he is in shock..

Discussion in 'Trading' started by renegade trader, Feb 3, 2011.

1. clacy

clacy

You might have misread my post, but I don't think Egypt is a small country, but they have a small economy, relatively speaking.

I realize that due to Suez, they have some control on the flow of oil, but I think regardless of what happens, the US/UN would take control of that and secure it. They have no nukes and a civil war would take quite a while to straighten out.

My point is that this isn't that big of a deal, short term.

Obviously there could be some horrendous long term consequences.

#21     Feb 3, 2011
  2. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

can you have a more gay title to your thread. Do you work for rachel maddow show or something..

OH man, we are headed to recession, did you see Geithners eyebrows curl

#22     Feb 3, 2011
  3. The Suez is just a convenient excuse to bid up oil. Even during war, which this isn't, the Suez cannot be closed. they're required but treaty to keep it open even to the Israelis if they go to war with them.

While there's always the chance this gets ignored, but doubt it'll happen over such a minor event.

Oil is getting ready for a big down day soon.

#23     Feb 3, 2011
  4. olias

olias

he really had no choice.

#24     Feb 3, 2011
  5. Well that's a relief. If we have to force the new Egyptians to keep it open, the US won't be acting alone, right? [​IMG]

#25     Feb 3, 2011
  6. VC2012

VC2012

Egypt is just the start. If this flows over into Pakistan and if Jordan is to push for the hard line against Israel, we could see a war in the middle east, between Israel and all Arab Facist Nations. This would be the event.

#26     Feb 3, 2011
  7. Introducing the "MU- BARARK OBAMA!"

#27     Feb 3, 2011
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Possibly if you were a little older you would understand.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

Quote from tivthetrader:

i do not understand why we turned on Mubarik here instead of backing him. Now that we have shown we won't back a stable leader in Egypt, it will give fuel to all the radicals in the region. You have to know the Arab mentality to get this- big mistake by Obama, and I have been an Obama supporter.

#28     Feb 3, 2011
  9. Don't for a second kid yourself. Bernanke would have the exact same mandate with Palin as President, the spin would just be different, that's all. Put it this way, anybody who would have a snowball's chance in hell of getting enough media attention to get elected, would have already been approved to allow the cabal that is running the show to do what they please.

The only candidates that would vehemently oppose what the Fed is currently undertaking would never see the light of day in an election.

#29     Feb 3, 2011
  10. the1

the1

That's the biggest fear. The country could turn into another Iraq or Afghan-type country. The markets don't particularly care at the moment. Up, up, and away we go.

#30     Feb 3, 2011