Egypt Wants Iran Nuke Technology

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Oct 20, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

A poll of Egyptians conducted last month shows that they have increasingly positive views of Iran, believe that both Iran and Egypt should obtain nuclear weapons, and still trust their own military more than any other institution in Egypt.

The poll of 812 Egyptians, half of them women, was conducted in a series of in-person interviews by the firm Greenberg Quinlan Rosner and sponsored by the Israel Project, a pro-Israel advocacy organization with offices in Washington and Jerusalem. According to the poll, Iran is viewed favorably in Egypt, with 65 percent of those surveyed expressing support of the decision to renew Egypt-Iran relations and 61 percent expressing support of the Iranian nuclear project, versus 41 percent in August 2009.

Sixty-two percent of those polled agreed that "Iran and its president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, are friends of Egypt," though 68 percent held unfavorable views of Shiite Muslims.

Iran's deputy defense minister said recently that the Iranian regime is seeking more military cooperation with Egypt. "We are ready to help Egypt to build nuclear reactors and satellites," he said on the occasion or Egyptian President Mohammed Morsy's meeting with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad last month. Morsy's office has said the two didn't discuss military cooperation.

Eighty-seven percent of respondents want Egypt to have its own nuclear bomb.

Israel Project CEO Josh Block told The Cable that the statistics show the effect of Morsy's outreach to Iran and the danger of regional proliferation of nuclear weapons if Iran is successful in obtaining a nuclear bomb.

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/p...aign=Feed:+foreignpolicy/thecable+(The+Cable)

2. Next thing you know, the Pink Panthers will be demanding Nuke Technology.

Now if their supporters could only learn how to pull their pants up.:D

3. pspr

pspr

I know you don't think ME Islamists getting nukes is a big deal but others do. This is a serious matter that could affect the world in a few years if it isn't stopped now while it can be stopped.

4. I say we nuke the godamn entire middle east, except for areas near Israel. Lets give em their 72 virgins.