Egypt: Mubarak Worth More Than $70 Billion

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Can I get an amen?!? I'm surprised more people don't know this.

#31     Feb 9, 2011
  2. most non-Americans due that is why "they hate our freedom", but since the don't mention this on american idol it doesn't have a chance here.

#32     Feb 9, 2011
  3. Saudi Arabia has threatened to prop up President Mubarak if the White House tries to force a swift change of regime in Egypt. In a testy personal telephone call on January 29, King Abdullah told President Obama not to humiliate Mr Mubarak and warned that he would step in to bankroll Egypt if the US withdrew its aid programme, worth $1.5 billion annually. America’s closest ally in the Gulf made clear that the Egyptian President must be allowed to stay on to oversee the transition towards peaceful democracy and then leave with dignity. “Mubarak and King Abdullah are not just allies, they are close friends, and the King is not about to see his friend cast aside and humiliated,” a senior source in the Saudi capital told The Times.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/

#33     Feb 9, 2011
  4. Visaria

Visaria

Dictators and tyrants of the world unite and fight!

#34     Feb 10, 2011
  5. Visaria

Visaria

Amen.

#35     Feb 10, 2011
  6. It's not that people don't know, it's that people don't care.

#36     Feb 10, 2011
  7. I did a small correction to your sentence :

Someone told me a nice story. I don't know if it's the truth... however I like it. It was a great horse rider in the middle of the World. His name was the Great Khan. He wanted to go East, where the sun rise.To do so he created a fleet to cross the seas and go to his futur conquest.

When he started the crossing of the seas with his fleet he was confronted by a terrible tempest. He lost his fleet... Frustrated he tried again a few years later... but again he was defeated by the tempest.

Being smart he realised that the path to the East was close. So he chose to move West, where the sun set. He was quite successful... until his death...

He just felt from his horse and died !

( it goes straight to my fav list on the best collapses with Caesar, Louis and Alexander, it could be called flash-death :D )

Thank you again for your post Bearice !

One of the cool response I could send to this guy would be ( with a very low tone American accent ) :
    OHHHH ( agony from too much smoking ) The oil... fields... aren't... in the cities... :D

But as I think that they failed to their religious duties I think that they should be more afraid than they are. From what I did understood they had the duty of keeping the Hadj open for everyone... With such a duty there was rules to be applied. And one of them was that stealing wasn't tolerated in the Holy land. So that robber had their hands cut off.

So by now starting to protects robber I don't see how its fit on their duty toward Islam. Is he really from the familly of the Prophet may peace be upon him ?

P.S. the mistakes that the Saudis did are too many to be listed however I suspect they had some kind of tolerance until know. They have in my mind breach this relativity with their last actions. I understand that it can be their duty to let everyone that arrive have the time to do what he has to do. But it can't serve as a back-city/option for the world wide criminals...

Inshalla or as it was said DV !

And fuck them, what' s the point they are to blind to read too ? It's not a surpise...

They will soon understand what Islam really mean !

#37     Feb 10, 2011
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

What should a dictator do when you can't even trust the Swiss anymore?:

"ZURICH—The Swiss government froze assets possibly belonging to departed Egyptian leader Hosni Mubarak and his entourage Friday, marking the latest efforts by the Alpine nation to crack down on illicit holdings in its banks."

#38     Feb 11, 2011
  9. All of that 70 billion is from U.S. taxpayers and the billions he has skimmed from all the aid we have given that country over the last 30 years. I heard today that the swiss have frozen all his accounts. I hope we can recoup some of those billions but reality tells me that is a pie in the sky wish.

#39     Feb 11, 2011
  10. Visaria

Visaria

I think some of it is from us Brits as well, so we would like it back please.

#40     Feb 11, 2011