Egypt: Mubarak Worth More Than $70 Billion

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Feb 7, 2011.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

You should see the cay off of CUBA that fidel owns, one of many residences. The reports recently by one of his colonels who defected is an eye opener. We all knew he was rich, but we never had any idea how much he really had...Stories of him bringing animals from all over the world to Cuba just to hunt. Having planes bring them bottles of liquor to the ranch when they ran out. The cay has its own power plant ( no rolling blackouts for him), missle launchers on each corner and then navy boats circles or in near vicinity when he is there... lavish isnt the word...While his people are starving. How much raping is enough?

Hugo Chavez is another story...Condos in paris for family members, etc etc etc...

#11     Feb 8, 2011
  2. Hosni Mobarak is an idiot

Why risk your life for extra 1-2-3 BN dollars that you can make in 2 more months when you already have close to $100BN?????????

He, his family, his grandkids and their grand kids can not spend all that money yet he is risking his life over extra bucks.

He is a super idiot accidentally became a dictator long time ago.

You will never hear smart millionaires' names in the news. Yet they have the best and most discreet lifestyle.

#12     Feb 8, 2011
  3. olias

olias

bit of a side note, but I think televangelists like Benny Hinn belong in this group of douchebags with the lavish lifestyles they lead. The human race has some work to do. The tree is rotten

#13     Feb 8, 2011
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

But you are an even bigger idiot for not realizing that he has billions BECAUSE OF becoming a dictator.

#14     Feb 8, 2011
  5. piezoe

piezoe

Sound a we bit like a sea-locked White House -- but at least he won't have to move out in 8 years.:D

#15     Feb 8, 2011
  6. No question in my mind that the richest in the world are amongst this group of despots and dictators that have raped their country's wealth, have pocketed foreign aid and then compound that wealth without paying even a penny of tax over decades.

#16     Feb 8, 2011
  7. olias

olias

this is pretty far out there, and half-baked, but wouldn't it be great for the world to unite in getting the wealth back from these assholes and putting it back into the country?

#17     Feb 8, 2011
  8. At first glance, I'm in agreement, but we both know that once we travel down that path of asset seizures and forfeiture, the corrupt organizations that would carry out these actions would soon go for an even bigger power grab and everybody would be at risk.

It is possible that at some point, these sorts of things do take place, I'd imagine if the political climate and economic climate creates enough of a fervor, we will see dictators stripped off their wealth and re-distributed. I'd still put low odds on it though.

#18     Feb 8, 2011
  9. Say you have 50 billion and have to leave the country.

You just transfer it to the Caymans?

#19     Feb 8, 2011
  10. olias

olias

If the US and Israel could spearhead an effort to to reclaim those ill-gotten funds and return them to the people of Egypt....could go a long way to build relations moving forward. It would also be great to send a message to other corrupt leaders that the world will not tolerate these kinds of abuses. Let's stand together and put an end to this bullshit.

#20     Feb 8, 2011