Egypt: At Least 70 Dead In Football Game Fight

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 1, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Ah, Arabs are such a peaceful people.

At least 70 people have been killed in clashes after a football game in the Egyptian city of Port Said, medics say.

Scores of others were injured in Wednesday's violence, including security personnel. At least two players suffered light injuries.

Fans of the winning al-Masry team flooded the field seconds after the match with al-Ahly, Egypt's top team, was over.

A security official said the fans chased the players and cornered their supporters on the field and around the stadium, throwing stones and bottles at them.

State television quoted Hesham Sheiha, deputy health minister, as saying that most of the injuries were caused by concussion and deep cuts.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2012/02/20122118396971404.html

2. Thank you for that Pristine example of racism.:D

It carries the same logic as me blaming you for Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I've never understood why soccer can induce stuff like this. It happens around the world but this one is supposed to be the worst yet.

4. pspr

pspr

What? You're drunk again, aren't you? You shouldn't post here when you've been drinking. Your racist mind takes over and sees everything as a racist whitie thing. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, you are the #2 racist here right behind IQ-47.

5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Wow, I didn't see that. I had to quietly put him on ignore yesterday or the day before.

I like RCG. He is funny and pretty smart but I'm sick of seeing "toothless appalachian" in every other post. I've had enough with racist bs and eventually I either lash out or put 'em on ignore.

He and -47 have gone over the line imo. Both of them say something overtly racist and then accuse others of racism. Its crazy. I gave RCG a lot of manuevering room because of his ancestry but enough is enough.

6. Of course I would challenge 377 to post anything I said that is overt racist, but he cannot.

He does not understand that racism is not selective. If he hates arabs then he is racist. If I hate mexicans then I am racist. It is amazing how big a blind spot that is for some people. Pitiful really.

7. Max E.

Max E.

Kind of like how you cant post anything overtly racist from half the people you accuse of being racists?

8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

He is right, I can't. The stuff he says is not overt. I was wrong about that part.

He has never said "cracker" or any other epithet. I'm just real tired of the descriptor I already identified and some others he slings. Tedious.

The other guy says he is going to refrain from epithets. Thats good enough.

9. And i cant understand why you watching american football and this idiotic game... where some guy throws a small ball and another clown tries to catch it. :D
    Fotball (europian) is a big mystery thing. Played by millions watched by billions.
    Anyway we should say thanks for american efforts to place "democracy" and human rights in Egypt.
    Hillary-mad-clitor made some remarks? or she doesnt care any longer?

10. pspr

pspr

Those billions are watching for the slaughter of the "fotball" fans after the game. It's like watching the Gladiators and the lions.

In America, we don't kill the opposing fans after the game be it football, basketball, baseball, soccer, etc.

Not the victory but the action;
    Not the goal but the game;
    In the deed the glory

~ Hartley Alexander

#10     Feb 3, 2012