eggs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by osho67, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Your hair must be growing faster than grass. :cool:

#11     Mar 8, 2012
  2. lescor: It's well documented in current medical research that there is virtually no link between dietary cholesterol and blood serum cholesterol.

I personally eat an average of 3-5 eggs a day and 5 lbs of red meat a week and my recent blood work showed my 'good' cholesterol was at the top of the range and my 'bad' cholesterol was off the chart below the normal range.

So much of the dietary information pushed on us is agenda driven and/or based on terribly conducted research, usually funded by the companies that stand to benefit from it. Objective, open-minded research on nutrition is a real eye opener.

So how is your chicken and egg farm doing these days?:D

#12     Mar 8, 2012
  3. Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated. It seems it is safe to eat one egg per day and if I want to eat more I can remove the yellow bit. Thanks again

#13     Mar 8, 2012
  4. vinc

vinc

Not too good if 'bad' cholesterol is too low I'm afraid.. Some say it's even worse than elevated .. At least that's what I read..

#14     Mar 8, 2012
  5. Not all eggs are created equal. IMO organic free range grass fed eggs are the best...but good luck finding those. But for your store bought go with organic o-3 eggs.

#15     Mar 8, 2012
  6. IN 1966, the price of eggs rose to a level that President Lyndon Johnson judged, God knows how, was too high. There were two culprits - supply and demand - and Johnson's agriculture secretary told him there was not much that could be done.

LBJ, however, was a can-do fellow who directed the US surgeon general to dampen demand by warning the nation about the hazards of cholesterol in eggs.

---------------

Ya think we can regulate the price of eggs with science, medicne and free range chickens?

Gotta love it...:cool:

#16     Mar 8, 2012
  7. Too bad it didn't work for oil prices.

#17     Mar 8, 2012
  8. lescor

lescor

Total Cholesterol- 3.69 mmol/L
    TriG .51
    LDL 1.95
    HDL 1.51

The US usually uses mg/dl, so converted those values are:
    Total 143
    LDL 75
    HDL 58
    TriG 45

A1C is 5.4%. I'm 41 years old.

#18     Mar 9, 2012
  9. Banjo

Banjo

Eggsactly, lescor should also add that he's not a couch potato.

#19     Mar 9, 2012
  10. statins working quite well for you i see :D

those are good #'s, but you're the exception.

another consideration. those are markers of RISK not direct measurement of heart disease. Some have good #'s but still get sick

#20     Mar 9, 2012