Eggs back on the naughty list?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brass, Aug 14, 2012.

1. That's why they keep doing research, there's a lot left to learn.

#61     Apr 26, 2013
  2. I agree. Nutrition is a difficult subject to study because there are so many interaction effects. It's not just what you eat, but also "what else" you eat and how that interacts with whatever they're trying study.

There are some things that researchers seem to agree on: (1) avoid processed foods, (2) avoid sugary foods, (3) avoid most vegetable oils, (4) avoid transfats... and the best advice of all -- "eat real food."

#62     Apr 26, 2013
  3. Sorry guys, below is everything I need to know about gov;t studies and eggs or _____fill in the blank.

IN 1966, the price of eggs rose to a level that President Lyndon Johnson judged, God knows how, was too high. There were two culprits - supply and demand - and Johnson's agriculture secretary told him there was not much that could be done. LBJ, however, was a can-do fellow who directed the US surgeon general to dampen demand by warning the nation about the hazards of cholesterol in eggs.

#63     Apr 26, 2013
  4. Secondly, Imo, I don't think "studies" are for mainstream public consumption. Studies, research and theories are for peer to peer review, to test ideas, thoughts and to advance further study, hence all the conflict.

Mainstream media puts this "news out there - just because that's what media does and this is "news".

#64     Apr 26, 2013
  5. One of those studies were done by scientist in Australia, I don't think they were influenced by President Johnson's surgeon general of the 60's.

#65     Apr 27, 2013