Eggs back on the naughty list?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brass, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Republicans lose me on most social issues. We need to have a very adult conversation about this issue, but when people are stuck in the 17th century it's tough to do.

#41     Aug 15, 2012
  2. Exactly captain, we spend enough on health care to take care of everybody if we would stop blowing the majority of money on end of life care for the elderly. It makes no sense.

#42     Aug 15, 2012
  3. vinc

vinc

cheap pose indeed .. history,literature and personal experience / dealing with terminal cases/ hardly confirm it .. if it were true / in your case impossible to validate at the moment / you would be a statistically significant exception that I wouldn't bet on ..
    why pose ? because you don't face it now and circumstances change people to unbelievable extent.. you just assume that no matter what you will always be the same which is bullshit..
    it's just against Mother Nature not to cling to life :)

#43     Aug 15, 2012
  4. True enough I guess. Time will tell. I hope to have the courage of my convictions when the time comes.

#44     Aug 15, 2012
  5. Yep poor and old get free health care. That is good ole american inequality based on age and money. My solution, drop medicade, give everyone medicare, but make medicare an 80/20. It will make people make rational decisions if they have to spend 20k of 100k to keep someone going for an extra week.

#45     Aug 16, 2012
  6. it doesnt work that way.

#46     Aug 16, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Why not?

#47     Aug 16, 2012
  8. followup:

this seems more logical.

Instead, Frid suggested that eating a lot of egg yolks could represent an overall intake of high-fat, high-cholesterol foods. People who report eating a lot of eggs may consume unhealthy fare like sausages or grits along with them; those who eat egg whites only are particularly mindful of their saturated fat and cholesterol intake across the board. "The eggs could be a marker of people who have poor diet, rather than an actual characteristic," he says.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/15/egg-yolks-smoking_n_1779211.html?utm_hp_ref=healthy-living

#48     Aug 17, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

I'm hoping that's the case. Since posting the thread I had e-mailed a local well-known and respected scientist and professor for his assessment. I await his response and will tell you what he says when I hear from him.

#49     Aug 17, 2012
  10. Those who ate the most eggs were the oldest – almost 70 years old on average, compared to the relatively sprightly 55 year-old egg avoiders. It’s pretty well accepted that with age comes the progression of atherosclerosis, a process that takes, well, time to occur. Plaque doesn’t just snap into existence; it develops. All else being equal, the older you get, the more plaque you’ll have.

Read more: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/are-eggs-really-as-bad-for-your-arteries-as-cigarettes/#ixzz23p8F3CxN

#50     Aug 17, 2012