Eggs back on the naughty list?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brass, Aug 14, 2012.

1. If I drop tomorrow it's been a good life. I have no desire to live forever, clinging to some last gasp hope that I'll get out alive.

#31     Aug 15, 2012
  2. Brass

Brass

Yeah, but that's the thing. Short of a fatal heart attack, you'll likely decline prematurely and linger. Decline and linger. While others your age will be more robust and dynamic, living fuller lives. You're less likely to end anywhere near on a high note.

#32     Aug 15, 2012
  3. yea. my mother in law spent 9 years in a nursing home bed unable to walk. the last year she had to be fed like a baby.
    my mother is going on 2 years in the same condition. there are some things much worse than death.

#33     Aug 15, 2012
  4. Which is exactly why we need assisted suicide to be legal. It's terribly cruel to keep people alive in that type of condition.
    I'm not saying you were cruel, just that it's cruel for our society not to allow a choice.

#34     Aug 15, 2012
  5. Maybe, maybe not. Don't take my position that I'm eating Big Mac's daily and vegitating on the couch all day. I exercise, eat sensibly most of the time, but if I want to eat silly at times I should be free to do so.

#35     Aug 15, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

So the first thing that pops into your mind is not preventative health care, balance and healthful living, but assisted suicide. Interesting. In other words, you'd rather die than eat your vegetables. I was like that when I was 10. :p

#36     Aug 15, 2012
  7. we might need it but we dont have it. once you are in the system you lose all control. even the family cant make decisions that might have a negitive effect. its just not black and white. trust me i know having gone through it 4 times now.
    without traditional medicare it would have been a disaster. do you know that in many states siblings are financially responsible for their parents care? it is seldom enforced today because the hospitals have medicare to bill but if they didnt have medicare do you think they would not come after you?

#37     Aug 15, 2012
  8. I know, I've been through it myself. You want to really make a dent in heathcare costs? Let people die when it's time for them to go rather than be kept breathing for what can be years and years. Hundreds of thousands of dollars wasted. For what?

#38     Aug 15, 2012
  9. Two completely separate topics.

#39     Aug 15, 2012
  10. we agree then. we need an adult conversation about this subject. i wonder if we can get the republicans to stop screaming"death panel" long enough?
    the obama administration wanted to pay doctors for their time just to explain and help fill out an advance directive and sarah palin was out screaming death panels.

#40     Aug 15, 2012