Eggs back on the naughty list?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brass, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Arnie probably spent 5 min looking a the article to realize the conclusion was complete bull shit. Obviously not a controlled study of the type of eggs or how they were consumed. I wish people would read more into these articles rather then taking that headline as gospel.

#21     Aug 15, 2012
  2. r-in

r-in

We have plenty of independent labs/ groups that do studies without governement money. Companies do studies all the time on their products. Amazingly they rarely seem to find the same faults in products that other agencies find.
    Would I like the government to be able to fund and get unbiased results, hell yea! We pay for it, but don't get it. Too much money goes into buying an opinion.
    I'm not going to waste more time on this subject. I think we all have the same ideal, of unbiased information, and not waste money on cow farts(extreme example...get it, I said extreme example, but sadly a true example) and other such garbage science studies.

#22     Aug 15, 2012
  3. so in your mind companies would do unbiased studies?

i have a question that will help me with my research project. are you a christian?

#23     Aug 15, 2012
  4. I wonder. How many of those people gunned down in Colorado were healthy eaters? How many of those that died in a car crash yesterday were on the I'm going to live forever diet? I'm eating what I want, when I want, and when I die it'll be with a full belly. Lot's of people in this world would die fighting just for the chance at that.

#24     Aug 15, 2012
  5. now there is a demonstration of critical thinking.

#25     Aug 15, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

The thing about living that kind of life is that not only will your life likely be cut short, all else being equal, but that the decline will likely be a protracted and lingering one, and the quality of your life before it gets cut short will likely suffer. The idea is to live as well as you can for as long as you can and for the end to come fairly quickly after a healthy and long life. However, if you prefer otherwise avoidable premature aging and the onset of age-related ailments well before their time, then by all means do as you please.

As for the car crash comment, were you specifically trying to be doltish, or was it a Zen thing? So just because your life is fraught with uncertainty, who gives a shit? When you play poker, do you try to play your hand as well as you can or do you just say "Fuck it, who cares?" And if you try to play poker well, where cards are drawn by chance, your life is not worthy of the same effort?

#26     Aug 15, 2012

7. Very brilliantly stated. I am impressed.

surf

#27     Aug 15, 2012
  8. I just don't care for the Nanny State. I especially don't care fot it coming from a government that I know doesn't really give a flying fuck about my health. So yes, I'm defiant to the point of self destruction when it comes to my freedom. I'll do as I please! I'll do it that way cause I earned it. Anyone don't like it can kiss my white ass.

#28     Aug 15, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

Thanks for the invite, but no need. You'll likely be kissing your own ass goodbye sooner than you think.

And what do research studies have to do with a "Nanny State?" You equate freedom with ignorance? Well, in that case, consider yourself free.

#29     Aug 15, 2012
  10. see, those of us that can think outside of your black and white rage want an intelligent government that uses the best available science to inform the populace of what works best.
    we want them to analyze things like how long an airplane engine lasts before it needs to be rebuilt and not just wait until it fails in flight. we want to know what foods will help us live longer healthier lives.
    we dont really care about you personally. after all as ron white said "you cant fix stupid". but when your old white guy rage influences government to stop thinking too you harm the rest of us.

#30     Aug 15, 2012