Eggs back on the naughty list?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brass, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Do you suggest that scientists stop doing experiments and studying and trying to learn more about health and diet ?

#11     Aug 14, 2012
  2. r-in

r-in

You know, when it comes down to it, yes I do, when it involves my tax dollars going into false, phony research.
    Are you kidding me you don't see the obviously phony studies? Pretty close to every month a study that involves tax payer dollars comes out that contradicts a previous study. At this point, I do know that smoking everyday is bad, drinking in excess is bad, too much of this that and the other thing is bad, etc, and I don't need another government funded study to tell me what I all ready know. I like Guinness, I just might have enough cash to fund a study and get government money to produce a study that says it is good for me and you. Really, what value is that?
    Do I suggest supposed scientists stop doing experiments, no, just stop doing ones that are a complete waste of time or that are sponsored by a company that has a vested interest in the results, or a Congressman/woman that has a vested interest in the survival of said group.
    I'm sorry if I mistake what you are asking, but I have to ask, do you believe everything you read? The studies that go out are ridiculous these days. THey are bought and paid for by groups that have an interest in what is published. I hate spending time researching this crap to find out if there is a conflict of interest. For the most part studies these days are a bunch of crap. Spend some time looking into them and you will see this easily.
    What is obviously bad isn't to hard to figure out on your own.

#12     Aug 14, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

+ 15.9 Trillion and counting...

#13     Aug 14, 2012
  4. you must be a young kid? mark my words. when you get to the point that you can see the end you will change your tune.

also remember there are things worse than death.

#14     Aug 14, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

I can see the end, I haven't changed my tune.

#15     Aug 14, 2012
  6. If you've read the studies you'll see they don't always say what the news headline says. The studies point out the weakness in the studies themselves and also point out where other work is needed to clarify what the present study may indicate. And how is a scientist going to know ahead of time if a study is a waste of time, most studies probably do waste time and are repetitive, and then the gems of knowledge and discovery pop up. They can't tell in advance what or where that will be. If they could do that, Edison would of gotten the light bulb right on the first try instead of the 1000th.

#16     Aug 14, 2012
  7. r-in

r-in

I try to pretend I am still young, but just shy of 50 probably doesn't qualify. Went out and played soccer with my youngest today. As I sit I feel all the aches I'm going to have tomorrow. I probably have as many bumps, bruises and cuts as when I was a kid, but everything else aches now for an extended period. I'll still keep going out with the kids and hating it the next 3 days. At least until my right knee blows out, which I have a bad feeling about.
    Isn't this exercise supposed to be good for me?

#17     Aug 14, 2012
  8. so you want scientists to continue to do studies, but you don't want companies or the government to pay for them. You basically want those researchers to work for free. Yeah, your way is so much better. let's do your way and watch medical advances come to a complete standstill.

#18     Aug 15, 2012
  9. Arnie

Arnie

Did you read the article, Einstien?

of 1,231 patients referred to a vascular prevention clinic

Looks like they already had clogged arteries. Why else would they have been referred to a "vascular prevention clinic"?

#19     Aug 15, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

I just had four, scrambled soft. Yummy.

#20     Aug 15, 2012