EFX

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by dealmaker, Sep 8, 2017.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

CIO & CSO have already been forced out....

#11     Sep 19, 2017
  2. dealmaker

dealmaker

#12     Sep 22, 2017
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

Equifax CEO steps down amid hacking scandal
    The chief executive of Equifax – the troubled credit reporting agency that suffered a massive data breach that affected as many as 143 million people – will retire effective today, the company said. The departure of Richard Smith comes as Equifax has drawn the anger of countless consumers and dozens of federal lawmakers over its handling of the breach.(Washington Post)

#13     Sep 26, 2017
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

#14     Sep 26, 2017
  5. dealmaker

dealmaker

#15     Sep 27, 2017
  6. I don't get who is buying this stock? I thought this thing will be trading @ 70-60 by now. The shorts got squeezed @ 90, but what keeps this stock @ 107 its been a week already. Strange...

#16     Sep 27, 2017
  7. Sig

Sig

I run a business that uses credit reports. There's no reason aside from some kind of comeuppance for me to stop using Equifax. The breach didn't impact the quality of their data and if hackers use the hacked info to open credit under the names of innocent consumers it will impact all 3 credit reporting agencies equally going forward. We've already built all our software around their product, so switching costs are expensive. Plus, they're the cheapest of the 3 to buy credit reports from (guess it was all that money they saved scrimping on security).
    They and the other 2 agencies are in a great strategic spot where they can get away with stuff like this and it has almost no impact on their revenues or profits, hence little impact on stock price. About the only thing that will get their attention and the stock price's attention is regulation, and they have little to fear from that with the great anti-regulation team in town at the moment.

#17     Sep 27, 2017
  8. I suppose, but there is a lot of potential liability going forward, a lot of people have been affected and the allegations of them shorting stock does not help. Besides its not like its a super cheap stock even now its at 22 p/e. My point is if you add potential liabilities + image issues + potential new regulations ( its still possible... ) and fines and the fact that they are now an easy target for anyone in Washington to score quick points and start attacking them, I would expect this stock to trade lower. I don't normally trade the news, so not really sure how this works, and normally hiccups like this are good buying opportunities, but I feel like this is different and I don;t understand why would anyone buy stock here with all the potential uncertainty. I feel like it was a short squeeze that brought the price higher but lets see what happens.

#18     Sep 27, 2017
    vanzandt likes this.
  9. dealmaker

dealmaker

Reminds me of the vicious rallies during the credit crisis forcing shorts to cover, creating demand to sell into....

#19     Sep 27, 2017
  10. dealmaker

dealmaker