EFX Group

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by pairtracker, Nov 26, 2006.

1. EUR/USD

#41     Dec 4, 2006
  2. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Nick,

Nothing changed. There are several. Right now I see 10 deep.

What time and day did you notice this?

Steve

#42     Dec 4, 2006
  3. First time I log in to the demo since
    2 months ; starting from the third
    level I see nothing over 100, before
    I saw nothing UNDER 1000 up till
    the sixth level

Nothing has changed indeed, I still don't need
    glasses :0)

#43     Dec 4, 2006
  4. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Nick,

I am looking into why the demo is not showing the size. I have included a screenshot of my Level II window which shows all the levels and corresponding size. You will see it is deep with size.

Regards,

Steve

#44     Dec 4, 2006
  5. Steve,

Yes, that I used to see but not now

#45     Dec 4, 2006
  6. To say fills are not consistent either denotes that your not getting filled while posted or you were simply late in a fast market. I post regularly at a tenth of a pip below the current offer or above the current bid on the EUR/USD. The system works as it does for equities. It is no less consistent and I am often the one getting the fills. I used MT as I had mentioned in a previous post. It s a deal desk system like most others. If you don't know the difference a real quick test is to simply offer out on a pair between the spread and see how fast your quote reflects. Then try it at a 1/10th of a PIP. With MBT/TDFX both are immediate.

PP

#46     Dec 4, 2006
  7. I have a question on EFX. I've just started using this platform, so please forgive my ignorance. I'm currently short a position and want to add a stop-loss. When I enter a buy order with a stop, the order is refused because of insufficient buying power. Why is that? If the order is executed it would just square my position.

#47     Dec 5, 2006
  8. Can I have the address I can ping to see the speed please.

#48     Dec 5, 2006
  9. GTS

GTS

If you are talking about MBT, this is what I see from my actual connections:

Quotes & Accounts : 216.52.236.17 & 216.52.236.18

MBFX (EFX) Order Server : 216.52.236.194
    MBT Futures Order Server : 216.52.236.141

MBT owns the whole /24 (216.52.236.x) I would think that the ping times for any host in that network would probably yield very close results.

#49     Dec 5, 2006
  10. Thanks.

Pinging currenex just now the time was 69ms from the UK.

Pinging the MBT address was 144ms.

I will check this over the next week to se if it is just a bad day.

#50     Dec 5, 2006