EFX Group

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by pairtracker, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Thanks but I've seen to many really good Demos and not enough really good platforms.

I was hoping I could get a rundown on the best liquidity and markets here.

I really like the more volitile stuff like Cable crosses and scandis even some of the EM asians but for that you need some very tight liquid majors in case you need to run for cover.

#161     Jan 16, 2007
  2. benajnim

benajnim

Another observation:

If I place an order, say for example, a sell at the prevailing high bid, it seems more often than not, the open interest as displayed in the 'level 2' screen does not reduce the number of units available. Especially if the number of units available is a nice round number (say 200). The behavior is almost like using the demo system in that because you are not actually buying and selling, you wont have an impact on the total units available. Could this be explained by a lack of limit orders on the system from EFX other users?

Additionally, and along the same lines, if I place a buy order at the prevailing high bid during a time when the prices aren't moving. I can see sometimes marked fluctuation in the number of units available, rising and/or lowering indicating there is some action and yet my order may not get filled while this is occurring.

Any thoughts?

#162     Jan 16, 2007
  3. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

benajnim,

That is a good question. The size that is displayed comes from the various banks and customers resting orders. For example if a bank wants to bid for 2 million it will display accordingly however what the bank displays does not necessarily mean that is entirely what the bank want to buy. Hypothetically the bank may want to buy 10 million but display 2 million. So when you hit that bid for lets say 100k the bank simply might refresh their size simultaneously to still show and represent the original of 2 million.

Regards,

Steve

#163     Jan 16, 2007
  4. Hey Steve,

Basic question regarding the platform--- Can other sounds be added to the various functions/results--order filled, placed, cancelled, etc? The evil laugh and siren included are pretty scary!

Plus, are you planning on including charting with the FX division?

thanks,

surf

#164     Jan 16, 2007
  5. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Marketsurfer.....

MBT Navigator\sounds are where the files are stored.

Put whatever .wav files you want in the directory above and set the events in the Sounds tab within Preferences in the NAV.

Also we will be adding charts. I can't say specifically when it will be done but it wont be much longer.

Regards,

Steve

#165     Jan 17, 2007
  6. Xenia

Xenia

I wonder if their Project Omega might have something to do with it ?

#166     Jan 22, 2007
  7. Hey Surf, whats up? MBT data works very well with Tickquest Neoticker, in fact the MBT data is light years ahead of Interactive Brokers. I know because I have tried both. If you are interested in custom indicators and building systems, Tickquest is the way to go.

The Ever Interested VIPER

#167     Jan 22, 2007
  8. Hi TViper,

I'm not familliar w Neoticker or MB Data. How do you set it up. Do you use a Neo Ticker app and make a separate connection to MB data.

#168     Jan 23, 2007
  9. clearsign

clearsign

benajnim & mmccormac: I've looked at this "perfect hedge" idea and I don't understand how it can work.

* You go long one standard lot on the GBP/JPY on Oanda with USD and the unleveraged amount you'll pay is USD$196,000, the interest you'll earn is 4.63% per annum. This works out to $24.86 per day.

* You short one standard lot of GBP/JPY on EFX and you'll pay roughly that same USD$196,000, and pay a further 5.78% interest on that amount. This works out to $31.03 per day.

So if one were to implement this idea, one would in fact be *paying* USD$6.17 per day per lot (to EFX) for the priviledge.

Could it be that you aren't taking into account the exchange rate of converting USD to GBP, but only making this omission on the EFX side of the equation, and this is resulting in the entire "profit" from this idea?

...or am I missing something?

#169     Feb 4, 2007
  10. JG, Tickquest has a prebuilt plugin for efx. It allows you to have the charting and execution on Neoticker. All you need to do is download it from the Tickquest site.

The Ever Interested VIPER

#170     Feb 4, 2007