eFloorTrade vs. IB?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by dkamp, Nov 13, 2001.

1. dkamp

dkamp Guest

How does eFloorTrade compare with IB (as a futures broker)?

Here's what I've been told so far about eFloorTrade:

- $5.95/RT if $20,000 in account (cleared by GNI)
    - $13/RT if less than $20,000 (cleared by Man)
    - no other fees
    - J-Trader used for executions
    - fast quotes and fills (1 second)
    - access to international markets
    - APIs for automated trading
    - have been in existence about 1.5 years

Can anyone confirm or add to this info?
    How does J-Trader compare to TWS?
    What's the catch?

Thanks!

2. Bob777

Bob777

I just called them to confirm, the $5.95 R/T does not include clearing fees and that it would be an additional $2.32 for the emini's.

Take a look at http://www.elocaltrading.com

- $3 + 2.32 fees r/t
    - $7.5K minimum balance
    - J-Trader platform
    - Must have minimum of $500 in commissions.

Bob

3. oOH GREAT TRANSPARENCY!
    min $500/mo of commish! at least with IB you don't start to ask yourself whether you are a sucker feeding some crooked futures broker.

4. dkamp

dkamp Guest

For sake of clarity, eFloorTrade and eLocalTrading are completely different brokers, with the rates described above, who happen to both use J-Trader as their execution platform.

5. jgan

jgan Guest

take a look at www.elocaltrading.com

They've done away with the $500 monthly commission minimum.
    They offer fair rates with volume discounts and I've heard that their J-TRADER electronic access and their customer service blows away IB's

6. dkamp

dkamp Guest

jgan: So what are eLocal's latest rates (having apparently changed from just last week when I talked to them)?

Has anyone been using both J-Trader and IB's TWS? How do these compare? (Other than fact that IB now charges for quotes, while these other brokers do not...)

7. tymjr

tymjr

8. Just a reminder... not all J-Trader platforms are created equal!

The performance of J-Trader depends on the FMC that hosts it... so when we're comparing J-Trader, we should qualify who's infrastructure the platform is on.

From my experience, J-Trader on PMB is good but the one offered by Man sucks...

tymjr, you seem to like your J-Trader over IB, who's platform was it on?

9. LMeyers

LMeyers

Has anyone here actually tried elocal?

I am thinking about opening a backup account with them and would really appreciate some comments about their service/attitude/integrity, etc. - especially from people who have had firsthand experience in dealing with them.

Thanks.

10. dkamp

dkamp Guest

For those interested, it looks like the PMB/PropTrader site has a good, downloadable manual for J-Trader.

Okay, so any thoughts on which of above is best J-Trader based broker (PMB vs. eLocal vs. eFloor)? What are PMB's rates?

#10     Nov 14, 2001