Effect of QE2 ending

Discussion in 'Economics' started by trading1, Mar 30, 2011.

1. That's what I think many people believe. The Fed seems to be voicing something different.

#11     Mar 31, 2011
  2. Ash1972

Ash1972

I hope my sarcasm didn't go undetected...?

#12     Mar 31, 2011
  3. Of course not, I was actually addressing it. IMO, theres alot of scarcasm on the topic, thats fine and good. But it seems that traders are too willing to believe the scarcastic arguments rather than the literal ones. The Fed can't argue sarcastically, and IMO, I think their comments are being taken at a discount.

#13     Mar 31, 2011
  4. Ash1972

Ash1972

The point is, the Fed needs to stop QE for purely selfish reasons, i.e. any more of it will send it bankrupt. Therefore, the best and most face saving way out is to claim that it has been a success, so we don't need any more.

I doubt the Fed will ever act against its OWN interests.

#14     Mar 31, 2011
  5. Point's well made.

#15     Mar 31, 2011
  6. luisHK

luisHK

Same feeling here, and a bit worried of the market reaction once faced with the end of QE and worse, increase of ST interest rates. Inflation worries seem to be escalating in the media and the fed might need to fight it. Several speeches from fed members definetely point to this directin.

#16     Apr 1, 2011
  7. ammo

ammo

may already be bankrupt,will keep playing their cards til house /senate catch on....when;s the last time they caught anything...madoff?

#17     Apr 4, 2011
  8. End of qe 2 will be lower treasury yields, as well as lower commodity and stock prices.

#18     Apr 4, 2011