Effeciency of an Auto Strategy

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by AnonymousTrader, Mar 24, 2005.

1. mlipsky

mlipsky

efficient frontier is the application of leverage and leverage would not effect win %, it would only effect % earned on his capital.

your friend was right.

#41     Jun 13, 2005
  2. The assumptions here are out-of-whack.....as a high percentage winning system almost always has a larger Average Losing Trade compared to the Average Winning Trade...sometimes as high as 5:1.
    Recompute please.

#42     Jun 13, 2005
  3. toe

toe

syswizard I should have explained that the calculation was in response to Serge Pustelnik's calcultations. Serge's conclussion was :-

"Conclusion:

The high winning percentage is usually an indicator that the system has extra constriants placed that produces too many false negatives. The goal is not to reduce the actual winning percentage by to reduce the false positives to a point where it still makes sense. "

I thought he was missing one aspect and I believe nitro thought the same. I dont dissagree that often increasing win% can reduce WinSize/LossSize, but it was not part of Serge's arguement at the time.

If you want to recalculate you need to make assumptions about the degradation of WinSize/LossSize, it better if you have actual figures to work with.

#43     Jun 13, 2005