Edwards charges $55,000 to speak to UC Davis students about poverty

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, May 21, 2007.

1. LT701

LT701

AAA, you're a reasonable guy

below, is a link to the numbersusa 'gumballs' 14 minute video, perhaps the most intelligent immigration presentation ever

it was made a few years ago, and time have proven, if you look closely at his charts, that he *understated* his case

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4094926727128068265&q=numbersusa&hl=en

#11     May 22, 2007
  2. LarryS

LarryS

Not sure why you're so angry LT701 - both of you have decent points..it is not a black or white issue but very, very grey. No, not everyone shouldbe given amnesty. There are plenty that deserve it and don't get it and vice versa. The again, who said life was fair? So, the best thing to do is fend for yourself and make sure you're not one of the guys fighting for a low paying job...I know I'm not. And if I don't like it here anymore, I can always leave an move somewhere else.

#12     May 22, 2007
  3. LT701

LT701

i'm angry because i believe this 2.3 trillion dollar *labor subsidy* could be the nail in the coffin for longer term national bankruptcy - a situation that would have severe, far reaching and unpredictable negative reprecussions for nearly everyone

" And if I don't like it here anymore. I can always leave an move somewhere else."

is that a satisfactory position, 'we're undoing the rule of law, possibly bankrupting the country and if you dont like it you can leave?'

#13     May 22, 2007
  4. I say god bless him.....that's capitalism at its best....heck, if greenspan is worth 150k per speech, I think Edwards is a hell of a bargain.....why single him out? they ALL do it...what do you think Gore charges? Clinton? GW I? giuliani? McCain?

#14     May 22, 2007
  5. Edwards reminds me a lot of Jimmy Carter. A sanctimonious hypocrite. He is oh so quick to lecture those who fail to meet his lofty standards, only we find when we look into it that his life is a total fraud. He was a fraud as a trial lawyer, he was a fraud as a senator since he spent half his term running for VP, he is a fraud now, with his gargantuan house, his no work hedge fund "job", his obscene speaker fees for lecturing about "poverty." At least Carter drive a few nails in houses when he wasn't busy trashing his country.

#15     May 22, 2007
  6. last time i check, bush is still the president. the buck stops with him. he is the one who authorized the invasion. bloods are in his hands till the end of time.

#16     May 22, 2007
  7. LT701

LT701

i've never said anything positive about bush, ever.

but i blame those who gave him the power that belonged to congress, not the president

who can name one thing that edwards did right in his short political career

ever noticed that that issue is never brought up?

#17     May 22, 2007