Education For Traders

Discussion in 'Events' started by Brandonf, May 2, 2003.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Spend every trading day free for two weeks with Me with me in my virtual trading room as Toni, Myself and our assistants track and trade stocks and emini's!

Each day in the TFMS Live Trading Rooms is like going to an expensive stock market seminar with two exceptions: Everything we teach works, and we prove it to you day after day in REAL TIME. After reach trade is completed a a chart of the entire trade is posted and a thorough explanation of the trade takes place to insure that you profit not only in the market, BUT IN YOUR MIND AS WELL. After the explanation you will be free to ask any remaining questions you have, nothing is off limits with us, all questions will be addressed.

Be privy to our live market commentary explaining our thought processes as the day moves on and we develop and implement our strategy. We will you through market action during all the active periods to insure you are not getting hurt and are in a position to profit as soon as our opportunities appear. You will lean how a professional evaluates opportunities as they come along, and once the evaluation is done how it is put into action. We will post charts of the markets action and our trades which show the reason for the trade and its progress from start to finish. Nothing is left out and we don't hide behind best case numbers like most other rooms. You will be able to go back and review the charts yourself along with the lesson that is given for the trade. Additionally, unlike most other rooms Toni and I are available throughout the day via private message to help you one on one with trades. In addition to this we have a steady membership base of long term members, most of whom are willing to spend time sharing their experience and helping you.

As a member of either or both of the TFMS Live Trading Rooms you will learn

-How to find the high percentage setups that occur every day in the market. Most traders shoot from the hip and sadly their trading accounts show this fact very clearly. You will learn how we take advantage of the market when it is trending up, down or sideways.

-When to trade and when to sit. One of the most important lessons, and one that unfortunately due to relationships with brokerage firms and other factors most trading services have a vested interested in NOT teaching you. The simple fact is that being a day trader does not mean trading every single day: Knowing which days to trade and which days to sit aside before the market is closed can literally save you hundreds of thousands of dollars per year.

-How to trade the gap. Simply stated a gap is the most powerful event on a chart, but most people haven't a clue as to how to take advantage of it. Being able to apply this one nugget of knowledge, which you are exposed to every day in the TFMS Rooms, can make you millions of dollars.

-How to incorporate multiple timeframes into your trading. Most traders are so busy looking at their 1 minute and 5 minute charts that they neglect the big picture. Even those that do look at bigger timeframes tend to do it in the wrong way, costing them money and opportunities every day. We will show you how to have the larger potential gain of the bigger timeframes, but take the smaller risk which is found only in the smaller timeframes, on all of your trades. This too can make you hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars.

-Money Management. Most traders use either too much, or not enough leverage in their trading. A mistake in money management can seriously reduce your chance of success even if every other part of your game is in perfect order.

I look forward to meeting you and sharing my hard won knowledge with you each and every trading day. Regardless of your being a new trader just learning, or are currently trading professionally and would like to improve your skills the TMFS Live Trading Rooms are the one place you are sure to learn the proper skills that give you a chance this competitive market.

After your free trial, if you like what your investment will be less than $10 a day.

I have a number of threads on ET which give an example of the type of stuff we do.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8127
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15168
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14135
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16332
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10439
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7920
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6795

2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Here is an example of an actual alert given to traders in our room just a few minutes ago. Profits where taken at 20.24 and 20.40.

Brandon

4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Here is a log taken from the chatroom as I gave the educational commentary about the DCTM trade (chart in prior post). [13:20] <brandon> ok this is the alert in DCTM
    [13:21] <brandon> as you are looking at stocks
    [13:21] <brandon> you want to be specific in your hunt
    [13:21] <brandon> too many people just look at whatever has news
    [13:21] <brandon> or whatever the guys in the free rooms are chasing
    [13:21] <brandon> and they go by things like this has a hot story and it has to go up
    [13:21] <brandon> or this has gone up too much lets short it
    [13:21] <brandon> both ideas are bs
    [13:21] <brandon> and you can pretty much see that in the results that they get
    [13:22] <brandon> an idea to throw out of your mind is overbought
    [13:22] <brandon> strong stocks are strong for a reason
    [13:22] <brandon> and newtons law applies
    [13:22] <brandon> that is
    [13:22] <brandon> an oject in motion tends to stay in motion until met by greater or equal force
    [13:22] <brandon> a trend is the same
    [13:22] <brandon> once its going
    [13:22] <brandon> it will stay in motion until met by greater force
    [13:22] <brandon> a trend is the same
    [13:22] <brandon> once its going
    [13:22] <brandon> it will stay in motion until met by greater force
    [13:22] <brandon> greater force will come in the form of a larger timeframe
    [13:22] <brandon> so when the market is up for the day and moving well
    [13:23] <brandon> you want to be aggressive in looking at the strongest stocks
    [13:23] <brandon> and for opportunities to buy them
    [13:23] <brandon> dont buy them as they are extended out of their base
    [13:23] <brandon> becasue things need to rest
    [13:23] <brandon> nothing moves in a straight line
    [13:23] <brandon> but after it has had suffecient time to rest
    [13:23] <brandon> either with a flag or a base
    [13:23] <brandon> you can then begin to hunt the breakout
    [13:23] <brandon> this is what we saw here
    [13:23] <brandon> DCTM is one of the top stocks on the board
    [13:23] <brandon> its volume is great
    [13:23] <brandon> very strong so it has fuel
    [13:24] <brandon> and after a very large run
    [13:24] <brandon> you can see that it had rested for a good amount of time
    [13:24] <brandon> and it formed a nice flag on the 15 minute chart
    [13:24] <brandon> so we had our setup there

5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

6. are you offering another free trial to those that have done it once already? if so i may give it another try.

7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

It depends on how recently you had the trial. I think we allow retrailing every 6 or 9 months. You can write to support though and ask for another one.

Brandon

8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

In addition to trade alerts and explanations of those trades, every other Wednesday we hold a class after hours. Any number of topics are covered. I think that one of the most important aspects of trading is to have a plan, here is a log from a Wed. class on setting up a business plan.

[18:02] <brandon> ok we will get going
    [18:02] <brandon> its now a new year
    [18:02] <brandon> so a good time for everyone to get their business plans together
    [18:02] <brandon> to review
    [18:02] <brandon> all of that good stuff
    [18:02] <brandon> it always surprises me how few people actually have one
    [18:03] <brandon> I will talk to people who are not doing well
    [18:03] <brandon> and I will ask them what is their plan?
    [18:03] <brandon> what is your methodology?
    [18:03] <brandon> what kind of risk do you take?
    [18:03] <brandon> How do you pay yourself?
    [18:03] <brandon> how do you handle a drawdown?
    [18:03] <brandon> and they have no clue to any of this
    [18:03] <brandon> and yet they wonder why am I having a hard time?
    [18:04] <brandon> because you are competing against Goldman Sachs, Bear Stearns and all the Market Wizards and everyone else
    [18:04] <brandon> and I can guarantee you they have a plan
    [18:04] <brandon> your business plan should be your road map to your ultimate success in trading
    [18:04] <brandon> and needs to include what setups you will trade
    [18:04] <brandon> what markets you will be active in
    [18:04] <brandon> which ones you wont
    [18:04] <brandon> what are your goals
    [18:04] <brandon> how will you get there
    [18:05] <brandon> with me so far?
    [18:05] <brandon> y
    [18:05] <brandon> You cant treat the market as a hobby and expect to come out ahead
    [18:05] <brandon> this is very important
    [18:05] <brandon> Hobbies cost us money
    [18:06] <brandon> I think Mark Cook said it best in Jack Schwaggers Stock Market Wizards: ""If you decide to trade for a living, you have to treat it just like any other business endeavor and go into it with a plan. If you want to start a business, and all you do is walk into a bank, smile pleasantly, and ask for a $200,000 loan, do you think you will get it?
    [18:06] <brandon> Are they going to say say, ""You have a really nice smile; here's the money"". I don't think so. You need to have a business plan. The trouble is most people start trading without any definitive plan.""
    [18:07] <brandon> most people will fail as traders
    [18:07] <brandon> and in most cases it is because they don't know exactly what they want, or how they are going to get it.
    [18:07] <brandon> Many traders do realize the value of having a daily plan and they will spend some time scanning and looking at the news etc., but for some reason very few take put very much time into the big picture.
    [18:08] <brandon> Unless you would call the big picture ""Make a lot of money, retire to a beach house in Malibu"" a plan.
    [18:08] <brandon> The lack of a map to Malibu leads most traders to get lost in the desert on their way to the beach.
    [18:09] <brandon> A business plan should include your primary goals.
    [18:09] <brandon> I took mine straight from Trader Vic- Methods of a Wall Street Master by Victor Sperandeo.
    [18:10] <brandon> That is, my primary goal is the Preservation of Capital.
    [18:10] <brandon> This should be obvious since no one is going to buy their house in Malibu if they lost all their money in the market.
    [18:11] <brandon> The next goal is consistent profitability.
    [18:11] <brandon> Hopefully at some point trading can represent your primary source of income. Because of this you want to be consistent as possible in your profitability.
    [18:12] <brandon> No is going to make money all the time, but you want it to be as steady as possible because we all have bills to pay.
    [18:12] <brandon> The final part of it is ""the pursuit of superior returns"".
    [18:13] <brandon> This also should be fairly self explanatory.
    [18:13] <brandon> If I could put my money in an index fund and do better then I can by managing it myself, then I would be much better off doing that and keeping a job.
    [18:14] <brandon> Then, I could continue to add money to the index fund on a regular basis, not have to live off it, and eventually I would be (in theory) very rich.
    [18:14] <brandon> Now to get accomplish all of these things, you have to settle a few other issues.
    [18:14] <brandon> Where will I trade?
    [18:15] <brandon> There are offices all over in big cities you can go to (though many fewer then even a year ago)
    [18:15] <brandon> many people will do a lot better in this environment then they would in any other.
    [18:15] <brandon> It feels more like going to work then sitting in the spare bedroom, so for some people it is MUCH easier to actually work then.
    [18:16] <brandon> For others they need the physical social interaction that a live room of traders provides.
    [18:16] <brandon> other people want to trade from home and ""do it in their boxers""
    [18:17] <brandon> for many people this represents the ultimate goal of sorts, though I would caution to those of you working from home it is easy to become distracted by the every day going ons of the house.
    [18:17] <brandon> You need to be always vigilant that this is not happening to you, because when it does your profits will suffer for it.
    [18:17] <brandon> After you figure out where you will trade, you need to know what you will trade?
    [18:17] <brandon> Stocks?
    [18:18] <brandon> Emini's?
    [18:18] <brandon> Commodities?
    [18:18] <brandon> Bonds?
    [18:18] <brandon> Currencies?
    [18:18] <brandon> some mix of these?
    [18:18] <brandon> Maybe you will trade the Emini's
    [18:19] <brandon> or maybe you will trade US traded equities. Specifically perhaps you will have a basic of the 200 most liquid stocks which are heavily followed by institutions and you will look for patterns in those.
    [18:19] <brandon> How long are your trades going to last?
    [18:19] <brandon> This really depends on your personality.
    [18:20] <brandon> Im most comfortable when I don't have to hold a trade for a long time unless its in the commodities.
    [18:20] <brandon> so for me my trades will generally last less then 15 minutes.
    [18:20] <brandon> Im a very short term trader.
    [18:20] <brandon> What patterns will you use to enter a trade?
    [18:20] <brandon> so many people try to be the jack of all trades in the market
    [18:21] <brandon> and ultimately they just end up the master of none
    [18:21] <brandon> and eventually they are ex traders
    [18:21] <brandon> you will do far better to choose something between 1 and 5 setups
    [18:21] <brandon> and master those
    [18:21] <brandon> ignore everything else
    [18:21] <brandon> and focus on your bread and butter
    [18:21] <brandon> built it slowly
    [18:21] <brandon> and eventually it becomes something to really be proud of.
    [18:22] <brandon> How will you place your orders?
    [18:22] <brandon> How much will you chase a setup?
    [18:22] <brandon> generally in a stock im willing to chase it between 2 and 5 levels
    [18:22] <brandon> and in the Emini Nasdaq 1 point, and the SP about 1/2 a point.
    [18:22] <brandon> Will you use limit orders? or market orders?
    [18:22] <brandon> What broker are you going to use?
    [18:23] <brandon> How much is this going to cost you?
    [18:23] <brandon> charting and execution
    [18:23] <brandon> what kind of computer connection are you going to have?
    [18:23] <brandon> back up?
    [18:23] <brandon> everyone with me so far?

9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

[18:24] <brandon> Risk management is a critical part of your plan.
    [18:24] <brandon> How will you handle a drawdown
    [18:24] <brandon> How will you decide when its time to take time off.
    [18:24] <brandon> Taking time off is not being defeated.
    [18:24] <brandon> its living to fight another day
    [18:25] <brandon> include something that keeps you from trading (or at least reduces your activity) during times of severe stress.
    [18:26] <brandon> This would include poor health, divorce, death in the family.
    [18:26] <brandon> Things like this.
    [18:26] <brandon> Trying to trade in any of these kind of situations and you really might as well drive to Chicago and stand outside the Merc in the morning.
    [18:26] <brandon> when you see the guys with a floor badge walk by, just offer to write them a check.
    [18:26] <brandon> It will be easier, you wont feel like you worked so hard to give it up.
    [18:27] <brandon> but that's what you will be doing anyway.
    [18:27] <brandon> You also need to have some sort of daily routine.
    [18:27] <brandon> When are you going to arrive at the office?
    [18:27] <brandon> What will you do when you get there?
    [18:27] <brandon> when do you take breaks?
    [18:27] <brandon> How late do you stay?
    [18:27] <brandon> plan your entire day
    [18:27] <brandon> be the worst boss you ever had
    [18:27] <brandon> and you will probably be one of the best traders out there.
    [18:28] <brandon> How are you going to exit your trades?
    [18:28] <brandon> I like to exit mine in chunks.
    [18:28] <brandon> Take some of it off when my risk is covered and try to get a little bit more on the rest.
    [18:29] <brandon> What is your trailing stop methodology?
    [18:29] <brandon> How much capital are you going to have in your trading account?
    [18:29] <brandon> And how are you going to allocate the risk with that.
    [18:29] <brandon> by allocation of risk I mean how many contracts will you trade for X amount of dollars?
    [18:29] <brandon> For myself, Im very comfortable with trading 1 Emini Contract per $10,000 of trading capital.
    [18:30] <brandon> If I feel slightly more aggressive I will take it down to 5K
    [18:30] <brandon> and if I feel less so I will bring it down to 20K per single contract traded.
    [18:30] <brandon> you can consider outside factors in this.
    [18:31] <brandon> for example, if you have a net worth of $3 million and you keep 50K in your trading account, you might be plenty comfortable to trade 1 contract for every 2000 in your account.
    [18:31] <brandon> That would probably be fine in that situation, but for most people it would not.
    [18:31] <brandon> So, there will be some variance, overall though I think that 10K per contract is the best in most cases.
    [18:31] <brandon> It allows you to make a lot of money if you average just a little bit a day.
    [18:32] <brandon> one thing i have put in as well is that I want a certain number of trades per day.
    [18:32] <brandon> On most days there are between 2 and 5 good swings in the market that you can get if you are trading the indexes.
    [18:32] <brandon> I tend to swing to extremes
    [18:32] <brandon> I will be either lazy and not trade that much
    [18:32] <brandon> or too active and take 20 in a day
    [18:32] <brandon> so I have a number that I want to hit each day on the trades
    [18:32] <brandon> I like to get 3 to 5 trades in each day
    [18:32] <brandon> I feel this gives me the best chance to hit my goals
    [18:33] <brandon> What are your goals?
    [18:33] <brandon> Be specific in this
    [18:33] <brandon> and commit too it
    [18:33] <brandon> how much money do you want to make this year?
    [18:33] <brandon> evaluate it
    [18:33] <brandon> keep making progress
    [18:33] <brandon> don't beat yourself over the head about it
    [18:33] <brandon> but keep making steady progress.
    [18:34] <brandon> anyway, this is what I have for tonight for you guys. I hope it gets some idea's rolling for you all.
    [18:34] <brandon> As I said earlier today, I had 33 business plans sent to me, and then today I got 2 more..so the total is now 35.
    [18:34] <brandon> This is excellent
    [18:34] <brandon> each person who has one is increases their overall odds of success greatly.
    [18:34] <brandon> thanks Brandon
    [18:35] <brandon> b - could you circulate one or two with your comments (if they agree!)
    [18:35] <brandon> I will look at each one of them, but it takes several hours to go over each one..so it might be into the first part of next month before i get to yours..but I will.
    [18:35] <brandon> yes
    [18:35] <brandon> I have woodrows up..but I don't recall the URL
    [18:35] <brandon> I will try to find it.
    [18:35] <brandon> i found woodrowkwc's very helpful!
    [18:35] <brandon> great info
    [18:35] <brandon> B
    [18:38] <brandon> any questions or comments?
    [18:39] <brandon> <_china219> great class
    [18:40] <brandon> sorry got discod there for a sec.
    [18:40] <brandon> have had inet trouble this week.
    [18:40] <brandon> Thank you China.
    [18:41] <brandon> b - how do you factor in the improvement factor? You're going to get better through time - how much do you think?
    [18:42] <brandon> set your goals higher, start to transact in larger sizes, try out new markets.
    [18:42] <brandon> just things like that is how I approach it.
    [18:43] <brandon> any other questions or comments?
    [18:44] <brandon> what is the best setup for a beginning emini trader to get started with
    [18:45] <brandon> let me find something for you
    [18:45] <brandon> this would take about an hour to type
    [18:45] <brandon> but I have something posted about it, I just need to find it.
    [18:45] <brandon> give me just a second.
    [18:45] <brandon> to give you an idea on your net results schroe on just a little improvement
    [18:46] <brandon> http://www.siliconinvestor.com/stocktalk/msg.gsp?msgid=18012045
    [18:46] <brandon> Lets say your setups are 50% reliable with 2/1 reward/risk
    [18:46] <brandon> 100 trades

10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

[18:46] <brandon> 50 winners for lets say 10 units = 500 units
    [18:47] <brandon> 50 losers for 5 units losses = 250
    [18:47] <brandon> net profit 250 units
    [18:47] <brandon> now
    [18:47] <brandon> let's change it a little
    [18:47] <brandon> and your setup is 60% reliable
    [18:47] <brandon> 60 winners for 10 units = 600
    [18:47] <brandon> 40 losers for 5 units = 200 units
    [18:48] <brandon> net profit now 400 units
    [18:48] <brandon> and the neat thing is you can reduce the $$ per each contract traded as you gain confidence.
    [18:48] <brandon> so for 10% improvement in reliability of your setup
    [18:48] <brandon> you nearly doubled your net profits
    [18:49] <brandon> pretty cool
    [18:49] <brandon> trade more contracts with the same $$$
    [18:49] <brandon> it pyramids
    [18:52] <brandon> I generally look for reward to risk ratio of at least 1.5/1 for myself
    [18:52] <brandon> and more likely 2/1
    [18:52] <brandon> but sometimes I will go as low as 1/1
    [18:53] <brandon> all with your 15-5?
    [18:53] <brandon> I use a couple other setups
    [18:54] <brandon> but the 5/15 is an idea you can move up the time frame ladder
    [18:54] <brandon> in fact yesterday I had a 15/30/60
    [18:54] <brandon> i use a 10/5/2, but same idea
    [18:55] <brandon> I will trade Phoenixes and Avalanches
    [18:55] <brandon> and flags
    [18:55] <brandon> Aikidoman, thanks for R/R refresher
    [18:56] <brandon> B - to django's question, don't you thing phoenix and avalanches are "relatively" risk free? You're not catching a falling knife.
    [18:56] <brandon> no you are not catching a falling knife
    [18:57] <brandon> it has already proved itself somewhat that the reversal is likely
    [18:57] <brandon> not completely
    [18:57] <brandon> well as soon as I find something that is risk free
    [18:57] <brandon> but that it is likely
    [18:57] <brandon> I will be a hell of a lot closer to Malibu then I am here in Iowa :)
    [18:57] <brandon> lol
    [19:04] <brandon> B, read your class from link above, did u ever do that class on gaps?
    [19:04] <brandon> there are a few on the site
    [19:08] <brandon> If you specialize in Phoenix and avalanche..is it necessary to specialize further in stocks or futures? Could you conceivably trade both these markets and expect to be successful?
    [19:08] <brandon> most people will not be successful trading both until they are successful trading one of them.
    [19:09] <brandon> so, when you start, you should do either one or the other
    [19:09] <brandon> for a beginner it seems natural to start on the stock side
    [19:09] <brandon> I would argue that recently the mini's are much more favorable
    [19:09] <brandon> it forces you to focus on one thing and not get distracted
    [19:09] <brandon> interesting...even though the ticks are .25 or .50?
    [19:10] <brandon> It seems so much faster
    [19:10] <brandon> also the leverage allows you to get something out of the moves.
    [19:10] <brandon> just trade a one lot
    [19:10] <brandon> and puts a premium on order entry skills
    [19:10] <brandon> the .25 is only $12.50
    [19:10] <brandon> or the .5 in the NQ for $10
    [19:10] <brandon> B, r phoenix and avalanche plays normally used with 2 min charts?
    [19:10] <brandon> OK B I'm hearing you
    [19:11] <brandon> they will work well in any timeframe
    [19:11] <brandon> but once you get below a five minute it tends to all be more scalpish.
    [19:11] <brandon> B how important is reading the tape for trading phoenix/avalanche and how does a beginner develop this skill?
    [19:12] <brandon> same question for bear/bull flag if it's a different response
    [19:12] <brandon> B, which time frame would you use if you were just trading 1 contract ES?
    [19:13] <brandon> I think that for any trading tape reading is an important element
    [19:13] <brandon> and its a skill that, unfortunately, you are only going to get by practicing it.
    [19:13] <brandon> I'm finding that hard to learn while trading alone
    [19:13] <brandon> so just watch them around key points and get used to how they act.
    [19:13] <brandon> yes it can be a challenge.
    [19:13] <brandon> Feel free to send us private messages during the day
    [19:13] <brandon> or ask questions in the room as you need
    [19:14] <brandon> there are a lot of people in the room who are very successful as traders
    [19:14] <brandon> and they have been very helpful to people.
    [19:15] <brandon> [22:16] <brandon> B, which time frame would you use if you were just trading 1 contract ES?
    [19:15] <brandon> That brings up an interesting point, often when I get unsolicited help....it is extremely appreciated but i find myself asking how much weight to put behind the advice
    [19:15] <brandon> there are many many ways to trade....and no one timeframe is really that much better than another
    [19:15] <brandon> I think some of your things in the survey are going to address that though if memory serves correctly
    [19:15] <brandon> it all depends on your style of trading
    [19:16] <brandon> Aiki, if prefer shorter time frames.
    [19:16] <brandon> yes they will
    [19:16] <brandon> I tend to be up on a little bigger a timeframe than Toni, Brandon or Ivica as I am not a very good micro micro scalper
    [19:16] <brandon> I'd really like to understand who is doing well in the room, but that is not something you can ask :) I assume if they were given permission to talk in locked channels then they are making money
    [19:17] <brandon> And I don't mean that from a nosy perspective, but just a who to listen to perspective
    [19:18] <brandon> who to listen to....anyone who is a breakeven trader or better is a great trader
    [19:18] <brandon> Aiki, I have never seen an Phoenix or Avalanche play on a 5 min chart, i have only seen them on 1 and 2 minute charts.
    [19:18] <brandon> B will there be anything on the survey regarding perhaps a dedicated channel to certain setups?
    [19:18] <brandon> what
    [19:19] <brandon> lol
    [19:19] <brandon> there are plenty of Phoenix and avalanches on 5min charts
    [19:19] <brandon> I see em on 15min charts
    [19:19] <brandon> even on weekly if you trade long term
    [19:19] <brandon> Aiki, I would love to see what one looks like!
    [19:19] <brandon> on 30min charts
    [19:19] <brandon> To have 50 sets of eye scanning for avalanche and phoenix setups would be terrific
    [19:20] <brandon> Toni and Ivica usually mention them
    [19:20] <brandon> quite often
    [19:20] <brandon> it's not an uncommon pattern
    [19:20] <brandon> im not sure about that makityrs
    [19:21] <brandon> but we will be open to suggestions that members have
    [19:21] <brandon> and I also trade a variation of the Phoenix that occurs regularly at reversal areas on 5min and 15min charts
    [19:22] <brandon> Aiki, what is that?
    [19:22] <brandon> B have you ever considered getting members together? I'd make that trip in a heartbeat if it were put together
    [19:23] <brandon> we tend to have get togethers at the expo's
    [19:23] <brandon> and everyone is invited to those
    [19:24] <brandon> could you publish a calendar for the room?
    [19:24] <brandon> that could be helpful
    [19:24] <brandon> I think we could do that
    [19:25] <brandon> Aiki, can you find any recent examples in either the es or nq that I could go back and look at on a chart?
    [19:25] <brandon> ive got to get some scanning done so i can be to bed before 2am guys
    [19:25] <brandon> A weekend focusing on your setups and maybe a Monday of live trading for members who have been around for more than 3 months or so would be tremendous
    [19:25] <brandon> so i will see you all tomorrow
    [19:25] <brandon> Bye
    [19:25] <brandon> had a nice class tonight
    [19:25] <brandon> very nice session, B
    [19:25] <brandon> thank you guys for coming and participating
    [19:25] <brandon> thx
    [19:25] <brandon> thanks B
    [19:26] <brandon> ask me in the morning makityrs
    [19:26] <brandon> <_china219> thank you
    [19:26] <brandon> I am on my home computer, and not my trading computer
    [19:26] <brandon> Thanks B
    [19:26] <brandon> Aiki, great thanks, i will catch you tomorrow morning.
    [19:26] <brandon> Aiki thanks for the good info throughout
    [19:27] <brandon> thanks B
    [19:28] <brandon> the most important a new trader can learn
    [19:28] <brandon> is money management
    [19:28] <brandon> and it's affects
    [19:32] <brandon> I'm learning that lesson. I'm used to swing and position trading, but new to emini daytrading and being sloppy with exits
    [19:34] <brandon> the lesson on money management is the same for index e-minis trading and stock trading
    [19:34] <brandon> remind me
    [19:34] <brandon> I will review the lesson tomorrow at lunchtime
    [19:34] <brandon> sure, thx
    [19:34] <brandon> it's important
    [19:35] <brandon> so someone make sure to remind me
    [19:38] <brandon> My problem is not being used to trading the smaller timeframes, I should probably pull back a bit and only trade 5min and up
    [19:38] <brandon> I cant trade the smaller timeframes either django
    [19:38] <brandon> so
    [19:38] <brandon> I don't
    [19:38] <brandon> it's not my edge
    [19:40] <brandon> How do I replay chat I was gone
    [19:42] <brandon> type /msg services replay #chat

#10     May 4, 2003